Aatif Ahmad is an international counsel in Debevoise’s London office. He is a member of the firm’s Investment Management and Financial Institutions ...
Read Full Biography
Financial Sector M&A
- IntercontinentalExchange on its acquisition of the NYSE Euronext Group.
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi on its proposed merger with First Gulf Bank.
- A Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund on its investment in Barclays plc.
- A leading banking group on the disposal of its fund management businesses.
- IntercontinentalExchange on its acquisition of the power and energy markets of APX-Endex.
- A leading UK bank on restructuring its European operations.
- Various funds on regulatory issues, including market abuse, authorization, AIFMD, marketing, and passporting.
- Various funds on formation documents, side letters, prime brokerage agreements, custody agreements, outsourcing agreements, LLP agreements, LP agreements, LLP/LP/partnership issues, and other general transactional matters.
- Drafting Funds rules for the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
General Financial Services Regulatory Work
- Various banks and infrastructure operators on regulatory reforms.
- Various banks on Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive implementation, including remediation of contracts for compliance with Article 55.
- A Greek institution on the fall-out from the Eurozone crisis, including options for dealing with bank runs and currency redenomination.
- Various banks on structural reforms (Volcker, Liikanen and Vickers) and recovery and resolution plans (RRPs), including collaborating with a technology company to create a software solution for streamlining RRP processes.
- A leading investment bank underwriter on regulatory due diligence to be conducted in connection with the IPO of a retail derivatives firm.
- IntercontinentalExchange on the launch of the first successful clearing service for CDS contracts in the world.
- SIX x-clear on the establishment of co-clearing arrangements on the London Stock Exchange.
- LMAX in the establishment of the first multilateral trading facility for the trading of retail financial derivatives.
- IntercontinentalExchange on the transition of the clearing of LIFFE derivatives from LCH.Clearnet to ICE Clear Europe Ltd.
- IntercontinentalExchange on various regulatory applications, including Recognised Overseas Clearing House, Recognised Overseas Investment Exchange and Recognised Auction Platform.
- A leading bank in the drafting and structuring of its regulatory capital instruments, including lower tier 2 and tier 3 instruments
- A bank in the preferential treatment of short term exposures under the Standardised Approach to Credit Risk
- King's College London, LL.B.
- University of Oxford, BCL