Alan Davies, a corporate partner in the firm’s European Finance Group, focuses his practice on acquisition, asset and structured financings. He has ...
Read Full Biography
- Morgan Stanley as financial adviser to NASDAQ-listed life science and technology company Sigma-Aldrich in the $17 billion acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich by Merck KGaA.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its €1.2 billion acquisition of Mauser Group, a leading provider of industrial packaging.
- Exova on debt financing in connection with the company’s £220 million initial public offering.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the £585 million senior secured credit facilities for its investment in B&M Retail.
- Rexel in its concurrent €650 million offering of 5.125% senior notes and $500 million offering of 5.250% senior notes, both due 2020.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the establishment of a revolving credit facility for certain portfolio companies within its European Principal Opportunities Fund III.
- NLMK in its $800 million Eurobond offering of 4.375% notes due 2018.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a significant stake in B&M Retail.
- WMG Acquisition in the incurrence of a $600 million “covenant lite” secured term loan facility and a $150 million secured revolving facility as well as the issuance of $500 million 6.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2021 and €175 million 6.25% Senior Secured Notes due 2021 to refinance $1.25 billion of its secured notes.
- NLMK in its debut $500 million Eurobond offering of 4.95% notes due 2019.
- Reynolds Group Holdings in its $3.25 billion offering of 5.75% senior secured notes due 2020.
- Stone Point Capital in Lockton's acquisitions of the minority stake in its operations outside the U.S. held by Trident III, LP, an investment fund managed by Stone Point Capital.
- SPIE in its €375 million offering of 11% senior notes due 2019.
- Rexel in its $500 million offering of senior notes due 2019.
- Universal Cargo Logistics Holding in its $4.2 billion acquisition of Freight One, including the $3.75 billion financing of the transaction provided by a syndicate of banks.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, AXA Private Equity and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in the €2.1 billion acquisition of SPIE from PAI Partners.
- Exova in its £155 million high-yield offering of 10.5% senior notes.
- American International Group in the proposed sale, later terminated, of its Asian life insurance unit, American International Assurance, to Prudential for $35.5 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the senior and mezzanine financing of its acquisition of British Car Auctions.
- Reynolds Group Holdings in its acquisition of Reynolds Consumer Products and Closure Systems International and the associated financings and refinancings, a group of transactions valued at $3.2 billion.
- AAC Capital Partners in the secondary sale of a large portfolio of private equity investments by ABN AMRO to a consortium led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $417 million acquisition of Bodycote Testing Group (now Exova), the laboratory materials testing business of Bodycote Plc.
- OJSC Novolipetsk Steel in its $1.6 billion pre-export credit facility.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its agreement to sell Brakes, a leading foodservice distributor in the UK and France, to Bain Capital.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, BAML Private Equity and The Carlyle Group in the European $2.9 billion asset-based financing of the $15 billion acquisition of The Hertz Corporation.
- BAML Private Equity and Bank of America Capital Partners on the senior, second lien and mezzanine financing of their acquisition, and subsequent sale, of N&W Global Vending.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Eurazeo and BAML Private Equity, in the €2.4 billion senior financing and €600 million high-yield offering for the €3.7 billion acquisition of Rexel.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice on the acquisition of the Culligan Group and the related New York law-governed $325 million bank credit agreement and €185 million European high-yield offering.
- Catlin Group Limited in connection with $500 million facilities for the acquisition of Wellington Underwriting plc.
- Rank Group in the financing of the acquisition of the SIG Group, a Swiss-based packaging company. The financing consisted of senior facilities of €825 million in aggregate and a subordinated bridge facility of €770 million, subsequently refinanced with an issuance of €480 million of 8% senior notes due 2016 and €420 million of senior subordinated notes due 2017.
- BCA in the financing aspects of its acquisition of We Buy Any Car.
- SPIE in the restructuring of its senior facilities for the purpose of a material acquisition.
- Exova in its raising of an acquisition facility for the purpose of a specific acquisition.
- University of Cambridge, 1992, M.A.