Andrew Ahern is a corporate partner based in New York and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising ...
Read Full Biography
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of-funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- HarbourVest Partners and a consortium of investors in the indirect acquisition of a $650 million portfolio of private equity and hedge fund interests; this investment was structured through a complex acquisition of 40% of the outstanding limited partnership interests in The Endowment PMF Master Fund, L.P., a registered investment company and passively managed fund of funds.
- Newport Global Advisors in the recapitalization of Newport Global Opportunities Fund LP. In the transaction, investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley, LGT Capital and other syndicate investors committed capital to a newly formed Newport-managed fund that acquired substantially all of the portfolio of the existing fund. Existing limited partners elected to either roll their interests into the new fund or receive cash in respect of their interest.
- Providence Equity Partners in raising more than $19 billion for multiple global buyout and credit opportunities funds and separate accounts specializing in investments in media, entertainment, communications and information companies.
- Providence Equity Partners in its sale of minority interests in the firm to a U.S. state pension fund and a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in raising more than $10 billion for multiple global private equity funds and related co-investment funds specializing in power, energy and energy-related infrastructure investments, including EIG Energy Fund XVI, a $6 billion energy and energy-related infrastructure fund.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the sale of a minority interest in the firm to a sovereign wealth fund.
- EQT in the formation of EQT Credit II, an €874 million Europe credit opportunities fund.
- Gramercy in the formation of Gramercy Distressed Opportunity Fund II, a $300 million emerging markets distressed credit fund.
- AAC Capital Partners, the former management team of ABN AMRO Capital, in its spinout from ABN AMRO Capital.
- Kelso & Company, NCH and Newport Global Advisors in the formation of private equity funds with a variety of strategies and other related matters.
- Columbia Law School, 2005, J.D.
- Bucknell University, 2002, B.A.