Andrew Ahern is a corporate partner based in New York and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising ...
Read Full Biography
- HarbourVest Partners and a consortium of investors in the indirect acquisition of a $650 million portfolio of private equity and hedge fund interests; this investment was structured through a complex acquisition of 40% of the outstanding limited partnership interests in The Endowment PMF Master Fund, L.P., a registered investment company and passively managed fund of funds.
- Providence Equity Partners in raising more than $19 billion for multiple global buyout and credit opportunities funds and separate accounts specializing in investments in media, entertainment, communications and information companies.
- Providence Equity Partners in its sale of minority interests in the firm to a U.S. state pension fund and a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in raising more than $10 billion for multiple global private equity funds and related co-investment funds specializing in power, energy and energy-related infrastructure investments, including EIG Energy Fund XVI, a $6 billion energy and energy-related infrastructure fund.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the sale of a minority interest in the firm to a sovereign wealth fund.
- EQT Partners in the formation of EQT Credit Fund II, an €845 million Europe credit opportunities fund, and in the creation of a real estate platform and a venture capital platform.
- Gramercy in the formation of Gramercy Distressed Opportunity Fund II, a $300 million emerging markets distressed credit fund.
- AAC Capital Partners, the former management team of ABN AMRO Capital, in its spinout from ABN AMRO Capital.
- Kelso & Company, NCH and Newport Global Advisors in the formation of private equity funds with a variety of strategies and other related matters.
- Columbia Law School, 2005, J.D.
- Bucknell University, 2002, B.A.