Andrew Berg is a retired partner and currently of counsel to the firm. A member of the firm’s Tax Department, his practice focused on transactions ...
Read Full Biography
- EBG Holdings in its $5 billion merger with Astoria Generating Company Holdings.
- Principal Financial in its acquisition from Washington Mutual of WM Advisors, manager of approximately $26 billion in assets, including the WM Group of Funds.
- Goldman Sachs in its underwriting of public debt offerings.
- Rockefeller Group in its real estate activities.
- Beacon Capital Partners in its acquisition, disposition and joint venture activities, including the acquisition and equity syndication of 1211 Avenue of the Americas in New York, NY, one of the largest single-asset commercial real estate transactions.
- Tishman Speyer in its various acquisitions and dispositions.
- Broadway Partners in the organization of its private equity funds and the acquisition and disposition of a portfolio of properties.
- Many other institutional and private equity clients with their real estate activities, including AIG, Carmel Partners, J.P. Morgan Investment Management, Prudential, UBS and Westfield.
- Kelso & Company in the organization of Kelso Investment Associates III, IV, V, VI and VII and in various acquisitions and dispositions by its funds of portfolio companies.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its U.S. investment activities.
- Sponsors of private equity funds, including AEA Partners, J.F. Lehman & Co., North Castle Partners, Prudential Insurance Company, Tenaska Capital Management and Windward Partners.
- New York University, 1985, LL.M.
- New York University School of Law, 1978, J.D.
- Brown University, 1974, B.S.