Dietmar W. Prager is a litigation partner in the firm’s New York office who focuses his practice on international arbitration and litigation with ...
Read Full Biography
- Claimant Tethyan Copper Company (jointly owned by Barrick Gold and Antofagasta Minerals) in an ICSID arbitration against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and an ICC arbitration against the Pakistani province of Balochistan in disputes regarding a copper and gold mining project in the west of Pakistan.
- Shareholders in a leading Brazilian retail business in ICC arbitrations seated in São Paulo against a European joint venture partner.
- Investment fund in a series of disputes relating to an investment in a restructured Brazilian consumer products business. The representation included an ICC arbitration seated in São Paulo and coordination of litigation proceedings in Brazil and Uruguay.
- Claimants in Holcim Ltd., Holderfin B.V. and Caricement B.V. v. Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in proceedings before ICSID, in which Holcim announced a settlement for some $650 million.
- Government of Mexico in Avena and Other Mexican Nationals (Mexico v. United States) before the International Court of Justice, in which the ICJ rendered a judgment finding violations by the United States of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.
- The lead claimant in Reineccius, First Eagle, and Mathieu v. Bank for International Settlements, in which a five-member tribunal constituted under the 1930 Hague Agreement awarded private shareholders some $500 million.
- Claimant in Autopista Concesionada de Venezuela, C.A. v. Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in ICSID proceedings resulting in a favorable award on jurisdiction and an award finding liability and damages.
- Investment fund in sovereign debt disputes against an African State in ICC and ad hoc arbitration proceedings for claims arising out of loan agreements.
- Brazilian paper pulp producer against European paper company in an ICC arbitration resulting in a favorable settlement.
- A major international mining company with regard to disputes with a Latin American State and an African State.
- A natural resources company in connection with proceedings or inquiries before international bodies such as the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights and the ILO.
- OPIC against an insurance holder in an AAA arbitration, in which OPIC prevailed on a motion to dismiss.
- New York University School of Law, 1997, LL.M.
- Universität Innsbruck, 1997, S.J.D.
- University of Vienna, 1995, J.D.