Dietmar W. Prager is a litigation partner in the firm’s New York office who focuses his practice on international arbitration and litigation with ...
Read Full Biography
- Tethyan Copper Company, a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation and Antofagasta Minerals, in an ICSID arbitration against the Government of Pakistan and an ICC arbitration against the Government of Balochistan in disputes regarding a copper and gold mining project in north-west Pakistan.
- Shareholders in a leading Brazilian retail business in ICC arbitrations seated in São Paulo against a European joint venture partner.
- Investment fund in a series of disputes relating to an investment in a restructured Brazilian consumer products business. The representation included an ICC arbitration seated in São Paulo and coordination of litigation proceedings in Brazil and Uruguay.
- Claimants in Holcim Ltd., Holderfin B.V. and Caricement B.V. v. Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in proceedings before ICSID, in which Holcim announced a settlement for some $650 million.
- Government of Mexico in Avena and Other Mexican Nationals (Mexico v. United States) before the International Court of Justice, in which the ICJ rendered a judgment finding violations by the United States of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.
- The lead claimant in Reineccius, First Eagle, and Mathieu v. Bank for International Settlements, in which a five-member tribunal constituted under the 1930 Hague Agreement awarded private shareholders some $500 million.
- Claimant in Autopista Concesionada de Venezuela, C.A. v. Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in ICSID proceedings resulting in a favorable award on jurisdiction and an award finding liability and damages.
- Investment fund in sovereign debt disputes against an African State in ICC and ad hoc arbitration proceedings for claims arising out of loan agreements.
- Brazilian paper pulp producer against European paper company in an ICC arbitration resulting in a favorable settlement.
- A major international mining company with regard to disputes with a Latin American State and an African State.
- A natural resources company in connection with proceedings or inquiries before international bodies such as the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights and the ILO.
- OPIC against an insurance holder in an AAA arbitration, in which OPIC prevailed on a motion to dismiss.
- New York University School of Law, 1997, LL.M.
- Universität Innsbruck, 1997, S.J.D.
- University of Vienna, 1995, J.D.