Edwin Schallert is a member of Debevoise’s Litigation Department and is Co-Chair of its Securities Litigation Practice.
Mr. Schallert has worked ...
Read Full Biography
- Prudential Financial, Inc. in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- Prudential Retirement in a successful two-week trial in the Southern District of New York of ERISA claims against State Street as an investment manager of bond funds, finding $77 million in damages.
- Successful appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit reversing a $65 million judgment arising from an alleged oral agreement to sell securities.
- Large life insurance companies in state regulatory inquiries concerning abandoned property and claims handling, as well as in related qui tam lawsuits and a policyholder class action.
- Learning Annex in obtaining a $23 million judgment after a jury trial of quasi-contract claims in the Southern District of New York.
- Manulife Financial in the dismissal of all claims against the company and two of its officers in a securities class action alleging misstatements of the company's financial condition.
- Lucent’s former President of North America sales in litigation with the Company and with the SEC.
- Harvard Law School, 1981, J.D.
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 1981, M.P.P.
- Stanford University, 1974, A.B.