Erica Berthou is the leader of the firm's Global Investment Management/Funds Group and a member of the firm’s Management Committee. Her practice ...
Read Full Biography
- The Carlyle Group in raising more than $27 billion for multiple buyout and growth funds and in various joint ventures and separate accounts, including in the formation of:
- Carlyle Europe Partners IV, a €3.75 billion Europe buyout fund.
- Carlyle Europe Technology Partners III, a €656 million Europe growth capital/technology fund.
- Carlyle South America Buyout Fund, a $1 billion fund, including Fundo Brasil de Internacionalização de Empresas Fundo de Investimento em Participações, together with Banco do Brasil, a R$400 million vehicle to invest in Brazil.
- Carlyle Peru Fund, a $308 million Peru buyout/venture fund.
- Carlyle Asia Growth Partners IV, a $1 billion Asia growth capital fund.
- Carlyle MENA Partners, a $500 million Middle East and North Africa buyout fund.
- Carlyle Sub-Saharan Africa Fund, a $698 million Sub-Saharan Africa fund.
- Carlyle Cardinal Ireland Fund, a €300 million Ireland-focused growth capital fund.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of various funds and accounts in the infrastructure sector, including Global Infrastructure Partners II, an $8.25 billion infrastructure fund.
- Oaktree Capital Management in raising more than $44 billion for multiple debt, energy, infrastructure and real estate focused funds and accounts, including in the formation of:
- Oaktree Opportunities Fund IX, a $5.1 billion global distressed debt fund, and its predecessor funds Oaktree Opportunities Fund VIII, a $4.5 billion fund, and Oaktree Opportunities Fund VIIIb, a $2.7 billion fund.
- Oaktree European Principal Fund III, a €3.16 billion Europe buyout fund.
- Oaktree Real Estate Opportunities Fund VI, a $2.7 billion global real estate fund.
- Oaktree Principal Fund VI, a $1.2 billion global distressed fund.
- Oaktree Power Opportunities Fund IV, a $1.1 billion U.S. energy and infrastructure fund.
- Oaktree PPIP Fund, a $4.6 billion fund making investments in CMBS under the U.S. Treasury Department’s Public-Private Investment Program.
- Oaktree Mezzanine Fund IV, a $837 million North America mezzanine fund.
- OEP Capital Advisors in its spinout from J.P. Morgan Chase, formation of One Equity Partners Secondary Fund, a $1.5 billion U.S. private equity fund, investment management arrangements with J.P. Morgan Chase and certain related matters.
- Prudential Capital Group in the formation of multiple mezzanine funds, including Prudential Capital Partners IV, a $1.15 billion U.S. mezzanine fund.
- Brookfield Asset Management in various Brazil-focused fundraising activities, including the formation of Agriculture Fund II, a $500 million Brazil agriculture fund.
- EQT in the formation of EQT Credit Fund II, an €874 million Europe credit opportunities fund.
- EQT in the formation of EQT Ventures, a €566 million Europe technology/venture capital fund.
- FFL Partners in the formation of FFL Capital Partners IV, a $2 billion North America buyout fund.
- GSO Capital Partners in certain energy and debt hybrid hedge fund-related activities, including the formation of:
- GSO Capital Opportunities Fund III, a $6.5 billion global mezzanine fund.
- GSO Energy Select Opportunities Fund, a $3 billion North America power/energy fund.
- GSO Credit Alpha Fund, a $1 billion North America and Western Europe credit opportunities fund.
- GSO Capital Partners in the formation of GSO Credit Alpha Annex Fund, a $960 million North America and Western Europe credit opportunities fund.
- Blackstone Alternative Asset Management in various hedge fund separate account activities.
- International Finance Corporation and AMC in various energy and emerging markets fundraising activities, including the formation of China-Mexico Fund, a $1.2 billion fund focusing on energy/telecom investments in Mexico.
- New York University School of Law, 2003, LL.M.
- Stockholm University, 2002, M.Sc
- Uppsala University School of Law, 1999, LL.M.