Ethan James is a corporate partner in the firm’s Financial Institutions Group and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets Group. Mr. James advises ...
Read Full Biography
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life in its $190.6 million initial public offering.
- Resolution Life Holdings in its $600 million acquisition of Lincoln Benefit Life Company from Allstate Life Insurance Company.
- AIG with the formation and preparation of a Resolution Plan under section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo Securities, Citigroup and J.P. Morgan as joint bookrunners in the $600 million offering of 4.250% senior notes due 2023 by Liberty Mutual.
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life Holdings, a subsidiary of Harbinger Group Inc., in its offering of $300 million of 6.375% senior notes due 2021.
- J.C. Flowers as lead investor in Altair Re, a reinsurance sidecar established by ACE Tempest Re, the Bermuda reinsurer.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company in its $1 billion offering of 9.25% surplus notes due 2039.
- Berkshire Hathaway in its €600 million purchase, via reinsurance, of the cash flows of a block of life insurance business from CaixaBank.
- Prudential Financial in a resecuritization of real estate mortgage investment conduits and related offering of $1 billion of 2.997% class A notes due 2015 of Prudential Covered Trust 2012-1.
- Multiple bond guarantors on issues related to the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Assured Guaranty in a $435 million excess-of-loss reinsurance facility designed to address Standard & Poor's revised capital calculations.
- BofA Merrill Lynch and J.P. Morgan as dealer managers for Liberty Mutual's tender offer for four series of debt securities.
- Yale Law School, 1994, J.D.
- Ohio State University, 1988, B.S.