Greg Larkin is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group, based in the Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Larkin focuses ...
Read Full Biography
- American Investment Council with respect to the implementation of the regulatory changes affecting the private equity industry as a result of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of a majority interest in the asset management business of AR Capital (subsequently withdrawn), its acquisition of the wholesale distribution business of RCS Capital and its substantial minority equity investment in RCS Capital.
- D. E. Shaw, a global investment and technology development firm, in the sale of a 20% equity interest in the management companies of D. E. Shaw previously owned by Lehman Brothers to an entity managed by Hillspire, the family office that serves as the investment vehicle for Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt and his family.
- Baring Private Equity Asia, in the formation of The Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, a $4 billion private equity fund, and at the time of final close the largest private equity fund ever raised by an Asia-based manager.
- Guardian Life in its sale of RS Investments to Victory Capital.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition with Estancia Capital Management of American Beacon.
- MBIA in its sale of Cutwater Asset Management, an investment management company with $23 billion in assets under management, to BNY Mellon.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Private Advisors, a manager of private equity and hedge funds of funds with $3.9 billion in assets under management.
- FNBNY Bancorp and its sponsor, Modern Capital Partners, in FNBNY’s acquisition of Madison National Bancorp and its subsidiary, Madison National Bank.
- The Carlyle Group, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, EIG Global Energy Partners, EQT, Global Infrastructure Partners, HarbourVest Partners, Kelso & Company, KKR, OEP Capital Advisors, Morgan Stanley, Providence Equity Partners, Prudential and Stone Point Capital with respect to regulatory and compliance advice.
- New York University School of Law, 2008, J.D.