Ivan Mattei is a corporate partner and Co-Head of the firm’s Global Infrastructure and Project Finance Group. He has more than 25 years of experience ...
Read Full Biography
- Footprint Power in the sale of Salem Harbor Energy Station Project to Highstar Fund IV and Toyota Tsusho, an EPC Contract with Iberdrola Energy Projects, to build a 700MW state-of-the-art combined-cycle gas electric generating facility and a $730 million construction financing.
- Marquis Energy in securing a $228 million loan from AgCountry Farm Credit Services, including a construction loan, term loan, revolver and refinancing of existing indebtedness.
- Missouri "Safe and Sound" Bridge Project –acted for the lenders in the proposed DBFM "800 Bridges" project in Missouri, including in a proposed tax exempt bond financing.
- LaGuardia Airport – acting for a short listed consortium bidding for the Central Terminal Reconstruction Project at LaGuardia Airport.
- SH-121 Toll Road in Texas – acted for the bank syndicate and financial guarantor in the SH-121 toll road project in Texas, providing commitments for a multi-source financing that included bank, TIFIA and PAB funding to one of the short-listed consortia.
- SH-130 Toll Road in Texas – acted for a project sponsor group in the SH-130 toll road in Texas in all aspects of the transaction, including the bank and TIFIA financing.
- Alligator Alley Toll Road – acted for a short-listed sponsor group for the Alligator Alley toll road concession in Florida.
- Puerto Rican Toll Roads – acted for a short-listed sponsor group for the Alligator Alley toll road concession in Florida.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike – acted for the winning consortium in the Pennsylvania Turnpike concession, achieving a fully negotiated concession agreement and fully documented and binding financing commitments for a multisource financing including bank debt and PABs, although the transaction was ultimately not approved by the Pennsylvania state legislature.
- Chicago Skyway – acted for the lenders in the long term bond financing for the Chicago Skyway toll bridge system project. The project bond and accreting swap financing was awarded the “Americas Deal of the Year 2004” by the International Financial Law Review, “North American Project Bond of the Year” by Project Finance Magazine, and “North American Deal of the Year” by Project Finance International.
- Autopista de Nuevo Leon, Mexico – acted for the lenders in this inflation-indexed local currency bond financing for the state road between Monterrey and Cadereyta. This project was awarded the “2004 Infrastructure Deal of the Year in the Americas” by Project Finance International.
- Américo Vespucio Sur Toll Road, Chile – acted for the lenders in this inflation-indexed project bond financing that provided a portion of the financing of an electronically tolled urban toll road concession in Santiago. This project was awarded the “Latin American Transport Deal of the Year 2004” by Project Finance Magazine.
- Harvard University, 1986, Ph.D.
- Harvard Law School, 1985, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 1979, B.S.