Jane Shvets is an International Counsel in the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group and Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice, ...
Read Full Biography
- A large Germany-based manufacturing company in a compliance review and internal investigation of global sales intermediaries.
- A large European telecommunications company that is listed in the U.S., in a review of anti-corruption compliance issues at a subsidiary.
- The audit committee of the board of directors of a multinational consulting firm as independent counsel in an internal investigation of FCPA violations relating to projects in the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
- A European-based international construction group in an internal investigation of potential anti-corruption in Latin America.
- Numerous clients on compliance with data protection laws.
- Siemens AG’s Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials, leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- Ferrostaal AG, a global provider of industrial services in plant construction and engineering, in an extensive internal compliance investigation relating to allegations of corruption and other wrongdoing in several jurisdictions.
- A global travel services provider in sanctions compliance review of certain travel arrangements.
- Mechel, a Russian mining and metals conglomerate, in winning dismissal of securities fraud claims in the Southern District of New York brought after senior Russian officials made negative comments about the company and levied an antitrust fine for alleged price discrimination.
- Holcim Ltd. and its two wholly owned Dutch subsidiaries, Holderfin B.V. and Caricement B.V., in a dispute against the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, arising from the expropriation of their subsidiary, Holcim Venezuela C.A., by the Venezuelan Government in 2008. A request for arbitration was filed with ICSID in March 2009.
- Several U.S. companies in matters relating to the 28 U.S.C. §1782 applications filed in connection with a foreign family law proceeding.
- BodyArmor Nutrition, makers of BodyArmor Super Drink, in defense of a trademark infringement action brought by Under Armour, makers of Under Armour sports clothing, equipment and related goods.
- The Gap in a trademark infringement and dilution trial against G.A.P. Adventures, a Canadian company offering traveling services.
- Harvard Law School, 2007, J.D.
- New York University, 2004, B.A.