John Rothert is a corporate associate whose practice focuses on Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities.
Mr. Rothert joined Debevoise in 2011. Mr. Rothert ...
Read Full Biography
- Allergan in its $2.47 billion acquisition of ZELTIQ, a medical technology company focused on utilizing its proprietary CoolSculpting controlled-cooling technology platform, the sales leader in the fast-growing body contouring segment of medical aesthetics.
- Johnson & Johnson in its purchase of an exclusive option to acquire Bird Rock Bio, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative immuno-inflammatory regulators that can be used in the treatment of liver disease.
- Tribune Media Company in the $560 million sale of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, to the Nielsen Company.
- Dover in its $780 million acquisition of Wayne Fueling Systems from Riverstone Holdings.
- Johnson & Johnson in its $330 million acquisition from AstraZeneca of the global rights outside of the U.S. to Rhinocort Aqua, a line of nasal sprays used to treat allergies.
- Providence Service Corporation in a strategic partnership with Frazier Healthcare Partners in Matrix Medical Network.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $415 million acquisition of High Ridge Brands, the largest North American consolidation platform focused on acquiring orphaned personal care brands, from Brynwood Partners.
- PharMEDium, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and the leading national provider of outsourced compounded sterile preparations to acute care hospitals in the United States, in its $2.6 billion sale to AmerisourceBergen.
- StanCorp Financial Group in its $5 billion sale to Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in the $600 million sale of Creative Circle, a leading professional staffing firm specializing in advertising, creative and marketing talent, to NYSE-listed On Assignment for a mix of stock and cash consideration.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its $410 million sale of EmployBridge, a leading provider of outsourced human resource and temporary staffing services, to Select Staffing, an Anchorage Capital backed competitor.
- Standard General in its acquisition of over 1,700 RadioShack stores in alliance with Sprint as part of RadioShack’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Nestlé in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the aesthetic dermatology business of Valeant Pharmaceuticals, in connection with Valeant’s pending $53 billion unsolicited offer for Allergan.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Ashland Water Technologies.
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life in its $190.6 million initial public offering.
- Booz Allen Hamilton in its $187 million secondary offering of common stock, and the Carlyle Group as the selling stockholder.
- HD Supply in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- AssuraMed, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $2 billion sale to Cardinal Health.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.05 billion acquisition of David's Bridal.
- Columbia Law School, 2011, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 2005, B.A.