Jyotin Hamid, a partner in the New York office, is a seasoned litigator with extensive courtroom experience. He handles a diverse array of complex litigation ...
Read Full Biography
- General Electric in defeating an application for a preliminary injunction and then obtaining summary judgment on all claims in an action seeking to prevent GE from hiring a competitor’s engineering and marketing executives.
- Misys in obtaining an injunction, following a three-day trial, prohibiting a competitor from soliciting the company’s clients and retaining the company’s former employees.
- A boutique investment bank in several actions to enforce successfully garden leave provisions contained in employment contracts of Managing Directors.
- A real estate investment trust company in successfully enforcing non-compete obligations contained in employment agreements with former CEO and CIO.
- A Chief Marketing Officer in obtaining summary judgment that non-compete covenants contained in his severance package were void and unenforceable.
- A financial services firm and its CEO in successfully resolving a corporate raiding action brought by CEO’s former employer.
- Smiths Group and its CEO in obtaining dismissal of state law whistleblower and gender discrimination claims asserted by a former Vice President.
- Forest Labs in defending a whistleblower retaliation claim brought under the False Claims Act.
- Misys in obtaining summary judgment dismissing a federal lawsuit under the Americans with Disabilities Act based on purported 9/11-related disabilities.
- A farm operation in successfully resolving, after two days of trial, a multi-plaintiff action asserting age discrimination claims.
- A class of minority sheet metal workers in winning a contempt judgment against their union, after a three-day trial, based on the union’s discriminatory practices and non-compliance with affirmative action orders. Debevoise handled this matter pro bono.
- Kellner DiLeo & Co. in successfully settling a class action alleging systemic failure to pay overtime after successfully obtaining dismissal of all state law claims.
- Dennis Kozlowski, former CEO of Tyco, in defending action brought by Tyco seeking forfeiture and clawback of compensation and severance benefits.
- Yves Saint Laurent in defeating a motion for a preliminary injunction by Christian Louboutin over YSL’s red-soled shoes, and subsequently obtaining dismissal of all claims by the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Absolut Spirits in obtaining summary judgment dismissing trade secret and idea misappropriation claims relating to its sponsorship of a reality television show.
- General Electric, defeating an application for an injunction brought by a competitor based on allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Glacéau in obtaining a temporary restraining order against a line of hair care products that infringed the trade dress of Glacéau’s vitaminwater enhanced water beverages.
- Louis Vuitton in successfully prosecuting trade mark infringement claims relating to Louis Vuitton’s Epi trademarks.
- Chrysler, prosecuting trade dress infringement claims relating to the Jeep Grille Design.
- A major software company in winning an injunction prohibiting a competitor from soliciting the company’s clients and retaining the company’s former employees, following a three-day evidentiary hearing.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in the $600 million sale of Creative Circle, a leading professional staffing firm specializing in advertising, creative and marketing talent, to NYSE-listed On Assignment for a mix of stock and cash consideration.
- Actavis in its acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Durata Therapeutics, a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics for patients with infectious diseases and acute illnesses, for $675 million plus contingent value rights.
- Yale Law School, 1998, J.D.
- Tulane University, 1995, B.A.