Kevin Rinker is a corporate partner and member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Healthcare Groups. Mr. Rinker has a broad-based ...
Read Full Biography
- Johnson & Johnson in its $330 million acquisition from AstraZeneca of the global rights outside of the U.S. to Rhinocort Aqua, a line of nasal sprays used to treat allergies.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the formation of agilon health, a new healthcare technology and services platform, through the acquisition and merging of Primary Provider Management and Cyber-Pro Systems.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, a global manufacturer of medical products.
- Envision Healthcare in its $15 billion merger with AMSURG, creating one of the largest U.S. providers of specialty physicians and hospital-related services.
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale to SK Capital Partners of its global narcotics business, one of the world's leading producers of opiates.
- PharMEDium, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and the leading national provider of outsourced compounded sterile preparations to acute care hospitals in the United States, in its $2.6 billion sale to AmerisourceBergen.
- Nestlé Skin Health in its acquisition of Guthy Renker’s worldwide Proactiv business, the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand.
- Envision Healthcare in its $620 million acquisition of Rural/Metro Corporation.
- Nestlé in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the aesthetic dermatology business of Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale of its worldwide intimate health business to Reckitt Benckiser, a UK-based consumer goods company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of PharMEDium, a leading provider of sterile compounding services to hospital pharmacies.
- AssuraMed, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $2 billion sale to Cardinal Health.
- Galderma Pharma in its agreement with Valeant Pharmaceuticals to restructure certain North American licensing arrangements, relating to Valeant's $2.6 billion acquisition of Galderma's long-time partner Medicis Pharmaceutical.
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical, a leading transdermal patch manufacturer listed on the Tokyo stock exchange, in its $428 million acquisition of NASDAQ-listed Noven Pharmaceuticals via an all-cash tender offer.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Georgia-Pacific's 50% interest in a French joint venture.
- Galderma Pharma as the stalking horse in a Section 363 sale by Graceway Pharmaceuticals.
- Galderma Pharma in various licensing and development arrangements, including its agreement with NovaBay Pharmaceuticals to develop and commercialize NovaBay's novel Aganocide drugs for major dermatological conditions, and its agreement with ZARS Pharma relating to the worldwide promotion and distribution of a topical anesthetic cream, Pliaglis.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition from General Motors and Ford of a majority stake in OEConnection, the established market leader in cloud-based technology solutions that facilitate the efficient location, sale, distribution and dynamic pricing of automotive parts.
- Warner Music Group, a portfolio company of Access Industries, in its $765 million acquisition of Parlophone Label Group from Universal Music Group.
- Dell in its proposed $1.5 billion acquisition of 3PAR, a leading global data-storage provider.
- General Electric in the repurchase of Vivendi’s stock of NBC Universal for $5.8 billion along with advice to NBC Universal on certain corporate matters related to the formation of the NBC Universal - Comcast joint venture valued at $37.5 billion.
- The Dolan family in its $22 billion effort to take Cablevision private.
- LivingSocial in its acquisition of Ticket Monster, the leading social commerce website in South Korea.
- Viewdle, a facial recognition technology provider, in its sale to Motorola Mobility, a division of Google.
- General Electric and NBC in their acquisition of Vivendi Universal Entertainment and formation of NBC Universal, a $43 billion broadcast, cable, studio, film and diversified entertainment company owned 20% by Vivendi and 80% by General Electric.
- NBC Universal in its $3.4 billion purchase of common and preferred interests of Vivendi Universal Entertainment from IAC/InterActiveCorp., resulting in VUE being wholly owned by NBC.
- Providence Equity Partners and Altegrity in the $520 million sale of Explore Information Services, a provider of database insurance technologies and e-government applications, to NYSE-listed Solera Holdings.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its $900 million acquisition, together with Citigroup Venture Capital Equity Partners, of Worldspan, a computer driven travel transaction processing business owned by Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines and American Airlines.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Cadence Education, a leading provider of early childhood education.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of CoAdvantage, a leading Professional Employer Organization.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in the $600 million sale of Creative Circle, a leading professional staffing firm specializing in advertising, creative and marketing talent, to NYSE-listed On Assignment for a mix of stock and cash consideration.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its $410 million sale of EmployBridge, a leading provider of outsourced human resource and temporary staffing services, to Select Staffing, an Anchorage Capital backed competitor.
- Altegrity, a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they successfully restructured more than $1.8 billion in funded indebtedness and consensually resolved significant contested claims that had been asserted by the U.S. government. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of ten “Successful Restructurings – 2015.”
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of Learning Care Group, a leading provider of early education and child care services, to American Securities.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Creative Circle, one of North America’s largest independent staffing firms specializing in advertising, creative and marketing talent.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Access Cash, a Canadian independent service organization that manages the country’s second largest network of automated teller machines.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of EmployBridge, a provider of outsourced human resource and specialty-branded temporary staffing services.
- Altegrity and Providence Equity Partners in their $1.13 billion acquisition of Kroll from Marsh & McLennan.
- Providence Equity Partners in its $1.5 billion acquisition of US Investigations Services, a leading provider of information, security and risk management services.
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio company US Investigations Services in the acquisition of HireRight, a NASDAQ-listed company that provides employee screening and other information services.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services in its buyout of Harsco Corporation’s 26% interest in Brand, a leading single-source provider of specialized industrial services to the worldwide energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of up to a 49% stake in NYSE-listed CHC Group, the world's largest commercial helicopter operator with an enterprise value of $1.9 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisitions of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at $2.5 billion.
- Access Industries, as part of a consortium with Apollo Global Management and Riverstone Holdings, in its $7.15 billion acquisition of the oil and gas exploration and production assets of El Paso, which were sold on Kinder Morgan's $38 billion acquisition of El Paso. This transaction was named "Private Equity Deal of the Year" by International Financial Law Review.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.5 billion acquisition of a majority ownership stake in Wilsonart International Holdings, the decorative surfaces unit of Illinois Tool Works.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1999, J.D.
- Tufts University, 1994, B.A.