Kevin Schmidt is a corporate partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group and is Co-Head of the firm's Private Equity Group. He has worked ...
Read Full Biography
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $12 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s sponsor lending business, including Antares Capital, the leading lender to middle market private equity sponsors in the U.S.
- Affiliates of Rank Group in the $230 million sale of Prestone Products to Centerbridge Partners.
- One Equity Partners in its concurrent acquisitions of two call center operators, TLK Group and The Results Companies.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Sirius Computer Solutions, a leading national IT solutions integrator.
- Kelso & Company in its $376 million acquisition, with Ajax Resources, of W&T Offshore’s interest in the Yellow Rose field in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
- Cascade Investment, an entity wholly owned by Bill Gates, in its investment along with US co-investors of up to $1 billion in OCI, N.V., an affiliate of Orascom Construction Industries.
- UCI Holdings in the $257 million sale of its Wells vehicle electronics business to NGK Spark Plug Co.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its acquisition of equity in Enstar Group Limited from First Reserve.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $325 million preferred stock investment in 21st Century Oncology, a global provider of cancer care services.
- Syniverse, a Carlyle Group portfolio company, in its $290 million acquisition of Aicent.
- TPG Growth in its investment in Big River Steel.
- Traxys Group, a physical metals and minerals trading and logistics firm, in its pending sale to The Carlyle Group and Moore Capital Management.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Power Holdings, comprised of sister companies T&D Solutions and Associated Diversified Services, which offers a full range of outsourced maintenance and construction services to the electric utility industry, from Huntsman Gay.
- Power Holdings in its acquisition of PowerTeam Services from CIVC Partners and in subsequent follow on acquisitions.
- Reynolds Group in its $4.5 billion acquisition of Graham Packaging Company.
- Reynolds Group in its $6 billion acquisition of Pactiv Corporation, a NYSE-listed global manufacturer and supplier of consumer food and beverage packaging and storage products.
- Prudential Financial in the sale of its real estate brokerage and relocation business to Brookfield Residential Property Services.
- Rank Group in its $980 million acquisition of UCI International, a North American automotive products business.
- Rank Group Limited in its $950 million acquisition of Honeywell’s automotive consumer products group.
- Reynolds Group in its acquisition of Dopaco, a foodservice packaging company.
- BWAY Holding Company in its $915 million sale to Madison Dearborn Partners.
- Oceana Therapeutics in its sale to Salix Pharmaceuticals.
- General Electric in the repurchase of Vivendi’s stock of NBC Universal for $5.8 billion along with advice to NBC Universal on certain corporate matters related to the formation of the NBC Universal - Comcast joint venture valued at $37.5 billion.
- Verizon Communications in the spin-off and merger of its wireline businesses in 14 states to Frontier Communications Corporation, a transaction valued to Verizon and its stockholders at $8.6 billion and in its earlier spin-off and merger of its wireline business in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont with Fairpoint Communications, a transaction valued to Verizon and its stockholders at $2.72 billion.
- HarbourVest Partners and Paul Capital Advisors, as part of a consortium providing equity financing for the formation of NewQuest Asia Fund and its acquisition of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's non-real estate private equity portfolio in Asia.
- The Rank Group in a series of M&A transactions in the packaging sector, including its $2.7 billion purchase of Alcoa’s packaging and consumer businesses, its acquisition of Blue Ridge Paper Products, and its acquisition of the beverage packaging division of International Paper.
- A consortium that includes CAI Capital Partners, Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, Kelso & Company and Vestar Capital Partners, in its $3.3 billion going private acquisition of CCS Income Trust, a Canadian company providing waste management services to the oil industry.
- The private equity consortium of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, The Carlyle Group and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity in their $15 billion acquisition of Hertz from Ford Motor Company.
- Verizon Communications in the $1.65 billion sale of its Hawaiian wireline-related businesses to The Carlyle Group.
- Kelso & Company and certain of its portfolio companies in a number of transactions, including the going private and subsequent sale of Del Labs.
- The sale and subsequent reacquisition of The Jim Henson Company and the subsequent sale of the Muppets characters to The Walt Disney Company.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark, 1994, J.D.
- Jersey City State College, 1989, B.A.