Maeve O’Connor is a litigation partner whose practice focuses on complex civil litigation and regulatory inquiries. She has significant experience ...
Read Full Biography
- The Special Committee and independent members of the Board of Directors of Dell in defeating requests for a preliminary injunction and obtaining dismissal of 26 stockholder class actions challenging $25 billion going-private transaction.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York in a lawsuit brought by an AIG shareholder challenging the terms of the historic $85 billion bail-out of AIG.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the dismissal of an ERISA class action lawsuit regarding unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- JPMorgan Chase and certain of its affiliates in the dismissal of all claims in a class action lawsuit challenging provision of private mortgage insurance.
- Officers and directors of Cablevision in a lawsuit challenging executive compensation.
- Providence Equity Partners in winning summary judgment in a shareholder class action lawsuit arising from Providence's $1.9 billion acquisition of SRA International.
- J.C. Flowers in dismissal of lawsuit arising from the 2011 collapse of MF Global.
- A major global insurer in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in a policyholder class action regarding use of retained asset accounts in connection with service members group life insurance.
- The former Chief Financial Officer of Hertz in securities class action litigation arising from restatement of Hertz’s financial results.
- Yale Law School, 1995, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1990, B.A.