Matt Saronson is a partner in the firm’s Tax Department whose practice focuses on advising sponsors and investors on the U.S. and international tax ...
Read Full Biography
- AAC Capital Partners in the secondary sale of a large portfolio of private equity investments by ABN AMRO to a consortium led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
- Akina in its European mid-market buyout funds of funds.
- Ares Management in the formation of Ares Europe Real Estate Fund IV, a $1.3 billion fund targeting investments in European real estate.
- Aureos Capital in its Latin America Fund, investing in Mexico, Central America and the Andean region.
- Baring Vostok Capital Partners in the formation of Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund V, a $1.5 billion Russia, CIS buyout fund.
- Baring Vostok in its Russian private equity funds.
- Deutsche Bank in its secondary opportunities funds.
- Exponent Private Equity Partners in its UK buyout funds.
- Exponent Private Equity Partners in the formation of Exponent Private Equity Partners III, a £1 billion UK buyout fund.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia in its Asian buyout funds.
- Och-Ziff in its private equity funds programme investing in Africa.
- Park Square in the formation of its European mezzanine funds, including Park Square Capital Partners III, a €1.2 billion subordinated debt fund.
- Park Square in the formation of its credit opportunities funds, including Park Square Capital Credit Opportunities II, a $2.4 billion senior debt program.
- Prosperity Capital Management in its open and closed-end funds investing in Russia/CIS.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in its investment in Datamars.
- Helios Investment Partners in its sale of a minority stake in Interswitch to TA Associates. Helios Investment Partners remains the majority shareholder following the transaction.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.3 billion sale of Mauser Group, a leading global supplier of industrial rigid packaging products and reconditioning services, to Stone Canyon Industries.
- HarbourVest Partners in its £806.6 million acquisition of the investment portfolio of SVG Capital, a publicly listed investment fund. The acquisition followed an initial £1,015 million takeover offer by HarbourVest Partners for SVG Capital. The deal was named “Secondaries Deal of the Year EMEA” at the PEI Awards 2016.
- HarbourVest Partners in its secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests from multiple sellers in funds managed by Indigo Capital Partners.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing and certain other aspects of its acquisition of BUT, the largest furniture retailer network in France, in a 50:50 partnership with WM Holding, a company related to the XXXLutz Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in tax aspects of its acquisition of Kalle, and the related financing.
- AltaOne Capital in its acquisition, with Silver Lake, of a 37.6% interest in Cegid Group valuing the company at €580 million.
- HarbourVest Partners in its co-investment with IK Investment Partners in the Salad Signature group, a Dutch and Belgian food business.
- Prudential Financial in its $350 million partnership with LeapFrog Investments, targeting investments in life insurance companies in Africa.
- Dover Corporation on its €425 million acquisition of Tokheim Group’s dispensers and systems businesses.
- Nereus Capital in its joint venture with Hareon Solar and Treasury Group to invest in solar projects in India.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in tax and related financing aspects of its approximately £500 million acquisition, alongside management, of Motor Fuel Group.
- HarbourVest Partners as co-investor in the 2012 take-private of Omega Pharma, and its subsequent sale in 2014 to Perrigo Company for €3.6 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the sale of an approximately 12% stake in B&M for £384 million.
- HarbourVest Partners as a selling shareholder, together with Exponent, in the purchase of Trainline by KKR.
- SPIE in the €2.16 billion refinancing of its existing debt.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in tax aspects of its €1.2 billion acquisition of Mauser Group, a leading provider of industrial packaging.
- Petroleum Equity in its $133 million acquisition, through its investment vehicle Alpha Petroleum, of ATP Oil & Gas (UK) Limited.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a significant stake in B&M Retail.
- HarbourVest Partners in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the private equity fund interests and direct co-investments of Conversus Capital.
- Stone Point Capital in its sale of an interest in Securis Investment Partners, an insurance-linked securities manager.
- Ray Investment, whose shareholders were funds controlled by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Eurazeo, BAML Capital Partners and Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec, in a series of accelerated book-building offerings of Rexel shares valued in excess of €3.3 billion.
- The management team of ABN AMRO Capital, a private equity buyout firm with €3.1 billion of funds under management, in the sale of ABN AMRO Capital to the management team and in ABN AMRO’s sale of its investment portfolio to a group of investors led by Goldman Sachs.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its acquisition and holding of Nord Anglia Education.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its €2.1 billion acquisition, with AXA Private Equity and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, of SPIE from PAI Partners; its acquisition of British Car Auctions, Europe's leading vehicle auctions and remarketing company; and its £417 million acquisition of Bodycote Testing Group, the laboratory materials testing business of Bodycote Plc; the private equity consortium of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, The Carlyle Group and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity in their $15 billion acquisition of Hertz from Ford Motor Company.
- HarbourVest Partners on various matters relating to its direct and secondary investment programme.
- Park Square Capital in the restructuring of the Gala gaming group.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1997, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts, 1994, B.A.