My Chi To is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Business Restructuring & Workouts Group. She has experience representing debtors, ...
Read Full Biography
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, in connection with the highly-publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s $9 billion of funded debt.
- D. E. Shaw and Madison Dearborn Partners, as holders of notes and other claims against SunEdison, relating to a complex transaction arising from the $2.4 billion sale of wind farm operator First Wind. Debevoise also represents D. E. Shaw as a member of the official committee of unsecured creditors in SunEdison’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $49 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy. Oaktree is one of the largest creditors in the case, holding over $2.9 billion of first lien debt.
- Assured, as insurer of $2 billion of bonds and swaps issued by the toll road operator of the Chicago Skyway, which was sold for $2.8 billion to a consortium of Canadian pension plans.
- Hastings Fund Management Limited, as one of the sponsors of the operator of Texas toll road SH 130, in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of SH 130 pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas involving $1.3 billion of debt.
- ACP Re, National General Management and AmTrust North America in the negotiation and implementation of a conservation and liquidation plan for CastlePoint National Insurance Company, the remaining insurance company member of the Tower Group after the consolidation of 10 Tower Group insurance companies from six states to facilitate the conservation and liquidation of such companies for the benefit of policyholders.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Essar Steel Algoma in connection with the company’s CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Boomerang Tube LLC in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and successful restructuring of approximately $300 million of ABL and term loan debt obligations.
- Kelso & Company, the private equity sponsor of Logan’s Roadhouse in Logan’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Debevoise also represented Kelso and Logan’s in a privately negotiated exchange offer to holders of Logan’s senior secured notes resulting in the issuance of over $220 million in new senior secured notes.
- Berkshire Hathaway as secondary insurer under special revenue water and sewer bond obligations of the City of Detroit totaling $800 million, in connection with Detroit's Chapter 9 bankruptcy case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- American Airlines and AMR, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings involving the restructuring of complex financing arrangements relating to more than 400 aircraft generating savings in excess of $1.8 billion and to the raising of more than $9 billion of new financing through various capital markets, syndicated lending and other financing transactions. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of a dozen “Successful Restructurings – 2013.”
- A group of holders of convertible senior notes issued by Tower Group in the September 2014 maturity of the notes and Tower Group’s now completed merger with Bermuda-based reinsurer ACP Re Ltd.
- The U.S. Department of Energy as senior secured lender in its $529 million loan awarded to green car manufacturer Fisker Automotive under the DOE’s Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program.
- Beijing Galloping Horse Film and Galloping Horse America in their acquisition of the visual effects and other assets of Digital Domain Productions in a Section 363 sale.
- Oaktree Capital Management, as one of the largest investors in Woodside Homes, in its comprehensive out-of-court recapitalization led by Oaktree.
- Culligan Corporation and its private equity sponsor in a successful out-of-court change-of-control transaction that restructured more than $600 million in funded debt in advance of approaching maturities, with a substantial new-money equity investment by the acquiror and a return of equity to the pre-restructuring sponsor.
- Oriental Trading Company in its successful pre-arranged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Oaktree Capital Management, as mezzanine lender, in the out-of-court restructuring of over $200 million of debt of Provo Craft & Novelty.
- Galderma S.A. in its successful bid to be named as stalking horse with buyer protections in a Section 363 sale of the assets of Graceway Pharmaceuticals, ultimately sold for $475 million.
- University of Oxford, 1998, M.Phil.
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 1995, LL.B.
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 1994, LL.L.