My Chi To is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Business Restructuring & Workouts Group. She has experience representing debtors, ...
Read Full Biography
- Syncora Holdings as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, including in PREPA’s forbearance agreement with more than 60% of the holders of its $8.3 billion of outstanding bonds.
- Oaktree Capital Management in its Chapter 11 proceeding of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $40 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy. Oaktree is one of the largest creditors in the case.
- Boomerang Tube LLC in its pending pre-arranged Chapter 11 restructuring of approximately $300 million of ABL and term loan debt obligations.
- Logan’s Roadhouse and its private equity sponsor, Kelso & Company, in connection with the company’s recent privately-negotiated senior secured note exchange.
- Berkshire Hathaway as secondary insurer under special revenue water and sewer bond obligations of the City of Detroit totaling $800 million, in Detroit's Chapter 9 bankruptcy case in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $325 million preferred stock investment in 21st Century Oncology, a global provider of cancer care services.
- American Airlines and AMR, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings involving the restructuring of complex financing arrangements relating to more than 400 aircraft generating savings in excess of $1.8 billion and to the raising of more than $9 billion of new financing through various capital markets, syndicated lending and other financing transactions. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of a dozen “Successful Restructurings – 2013.”
- A group of holders of convertible senior notes issued by Tower Group in the September 2014 maturity of the notes and Tower Group’s now completed merger with Bermuda-based reinsurer ACP Re Ltd.
- The U.S. Department of Energy as senior secured lender in its $529 million loan awarded to green car manufacturer Fisker Automotive under the DOE’s Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program.
- Beijing Galloping Horse Film and Galloping Horse America in their acquisition of the visual effects and other assets of Digital Domain Productions in a Section 363 sale.
- Oaktree Capital Management, as one of the largest investors in Woodside Homes, in its comprehensive out-of-court recapitalization led by Oaktree.
- Culligan Corporation and its private equity sponsor in a successful out-of-court change-of-control transaction that restructured more than $600 million in funded debt in advance of approaching maturities, with a substantial new-money equity investment by the acquiror and a return of equity to the pre-restructuring sponsor.
- Oriental Trading Company in its successful pre-arranged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Oaktree Capital Management, as mezzanine lender, in the out-of-court restructuring of over $200 million of debt of Provo Craft & Novelty.
- Galderma S.A. in its successful bid to be named as stalking horse with buyer protections in a Section 363 sale of the assets of Graceway Pharmaceuticals, ultimately sold for $475 million.
- University of Oxford, 1998, M.Phil.
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 1995, LL.B.
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 1994, LL.L.