Naomi Aoyama is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on international projects, including mergers and acquisitions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Mitsui in the sale of Transfreight North America, a wholly-owned subsidiary that provides logistics services primarily to automotive manufacturers, to U.S.-based Penske Logistics.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of a 20% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., a full service truck leasing, truck rental and logistics business that mainly operates in the U.S., from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- American Airlines in its agreements with Bombardier and Embraer to purchase, in aggregate, 90 new 76-seat regional jets with options to purchase up to 130 more.
- Mitsui in its agreement with Celanese Corporation, a global technology and specialty materials company, to establish a new joint venture company to manufacture methanol at Celanese’s plant in Clear Lake, Texas, with a total shared project cost estimated to be approximately $800 million.
- Mitsui in its joint venture with The Dow Chemical Company to produce biopolymers made from renewable, sugarcane-derived ethanol in Brazil, creating the world’s largest integrated facility for the production of biopolymers made from renewable, sugar-cane derived ethanol.
- Mitsui in its joint venture with Dow Chemical to construct, own and operate a membrane chlor-alkali facility in Freeport, TX.
- Sithe Global Power in a strategic partnership with subsidiaries of Chubu Electric Power Company, Inc. and Toyota Tsusho Corporation including the sale of an aggregate 50% interest in Goreway station, an 875MW combined cycle power generating facility in 2009, followed by the sale of its remaining interest in the plant to its strategic partners in 2011.
- Mitsui in investments and divestitures with respect to various water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1999, LL.M.
- University of Tokyo, 1991, LL.B.