- US and EU Sanctions Against Russia— Analysis and Business Implications
September 12 and 17, 2014
Program: In response to events in Ukraine, the United States and European Union have adopted a series of increasingly extensive economic and trade sanctions and export control measures against Russia. Some of these measures target and affect entire sectors of the Russian economy, including its banking, energy and defense industries. Russia has responded with a number of counter-measures of its own.
Satish M. Kini,
Matthew Howard Getz,
Organizer: Debevoise & Plimpton
- Investments in Africa
September 23, 2014
Program: Topics for discussion will be:
- What is the leveraged finance market like for doing deals in Africa?
- Are large buyouts likely to happen in the short term?
- Are investors looking for co-investment opportunities in Africa?
- What is needed to drive private equity investment in Africa (specific sectors, attractive investment periods, local expertise, etc)?
Organizer: Debevoise & Plimpton and African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
- Roundtable 4 - Anticorruption Compliance: Challenges, Trends and Developments
October 13, 2014
Program: Eurolawyer 5th CIS-EU Legal Forum and Awards 2014
Dmitri V. Nikiforov,
Anna V. Maximenko