2012 Chambers USA Recognizes Debevoise “Leading Lawyers”
June 13, 2012
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked 67 Debevoise & Plimpton LLP partners among the country’s leading lawyers, representing 60% of the firm’s U.S. partnership. Debevoise was also recognized as a leading firm in nearly 40 practice categories in the 2012 edition of the annual survey of U.S. law firms.
The firm was recognized in the top band for nine practice categories:
- Energy: Mining & Metals (Transactional) - National
- Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - National
- Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - New York
- Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets - National
- Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright - New York
- International Arbitration - National
- Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation - National
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - New York
- Media & Entertainment: Corporate - New York
Fifteen of the firm’s partners were selected to the top band in fifteen different practice categories. In addition, Wolcott B. Dunham, Jr. was recognized as a Senior Statesman in Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - National and Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - New York, and Mary Jo White was recognized as a Star Individual in Securities: Regulation: Enforcement - National and Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - New York
Chambers and Partners, a London-based publisher, was founded in 1969. Its staff of full-time researchers conducts surveys that assess and rank the world’s leading lawyers according to their reputations among peers and clients. The Chambers USA guide was first introduced in 2003.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a leading international law firm, representing a wide range of clients in transactions and disputes around the world. Founded in 1931, the firm has offices in New York, Washington, D.C., London, Paris, Frankfurt, Moscow, Hong Kong and Shanghai.