2010 Chambers USA Recognizes 71 Debevoise “Leading Lawyers”
June 11, 2010
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked 71 Debevoise & Plimpton LLP lawyers, representing over 60% of the firm’s U.S.-based partners, among the country’s leading lawyers. Debevoise was also recognized as a leading firm in 47 practice categories in the 2010 edition of the annual survey of U.S. law firms.
The firm was recognized in the top band for nine practice categories:
- Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - National
- Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - New York
- Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets - National
- Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright - New York
- International Arbitration - National
- Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation - National
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - New York
- Media & Entertainment: Corporate - New York
- Projects: PPP - National
Fourteen of the firm’s partners were selected to the top band in twenty different practice categories. In addition, Debevoise lawyers were recognized in the following categories:
- Wolcott B. Dunham, Jr., Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - National and Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - New York
- Mary Jo White, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - New York
Up and Coming Lawyers:
Chambers and Partners, a London-based publisher, was founded in 1969. Its staff of full-time researchers conducts surveys that assess and rank the world’s leading lawyers according to their reputations among peers and clients. The Chambers USA guide was first introduced in 2003.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a leading international law firm, representing a wide range of clients around the world. Founded in 1931, the firm has offices in New York, Washington, D.C., London, Paris, Frankfurt, Moscow, Hong Kong and Shanghai. The firm now has approximately 730 lawyers, including more than 130 lawyers in Europe.