Patrick Taylor is a partner in the International Dispute Resolution Group. Mr. Taylor’s practice focuses on commercial and investment treaty arbitration, ...
Read Full Biography
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in securing UN recommendations to overturn El Salvador’s criminalization of abortion.
- A Cypriot company in a complex commercial arbitration in Stockholm under the SCC Rules, engaging contractual and fiduciary claims under German, Cypriot and Swedish law.
- A Dutch investor in ICSID arbitration against an Eastern European state, relating predominantly to insurance sector assets.
- The Republic of Korea in ICSID arbitration filed by IPICI and Hanocal.
- A Russian shareholder in a highly publicised SCC arbitration regarding the ownership of a multi-billion dollar stake in one of Russia’s largest mobile phone operators.
- A leading international oil & gas company in the quantification of losses arising from its investment treaty dispute with Venezuela which, at the time, was the highest-ever value claim brought under the ICSID rules.
- Various international oil & gas companies in the settlement of a high-profile and complex cost recovery and fiscal stabilization dispute with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Various international oil & gas companies in the settlement of a production sharing agreement dispute with a CIS state oil company.
- A joint venture between two of the world’s largest oil & gas companies in a multi-billion dollar overlifting and fiscal stabilization dispute with the Nigerian National Petroleum Company.
- A FTSE-100 company in structuring investment protections for a tax settlement in a Middle Eastern conflict zone.
- An international energy generation company in its renewable energy tariff dispute with an Eastern European Government.
- An international Africa-based mobile telecommunications company in a multi-billion dollar shareholder dispute in Nigeria.
- An African mobile telecommunications company in licence disputes in Iran, ATS claims in the U.S., and a highly publicized investigation in its home jurisdiction.
- A European private equity fund in the recovery of shares stolen in a corporate raid carried out through the corrupt enforcement of a fraudulent arbitration award.
- A large United States consulting firm in an arbitration brought by an Italian company in Milan under the rules of the Milan Chamber of Arbitration.
- Nottingham Law School, 2002, L.P.C.
- University of Cambridge, 2001, LL.B. (Hons.)