Paul Lee is of counsel and former Co-Chair of the firm’s Banking Group and a member of our Financial Institutions Group. He has extensive ...
Read Full Biography
- Financial industry groups, such as the American Council of Life Insurers and the Financial Services Roundtable, in connection with the rulemaking process under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Private equity funds investing in banks and other financial institutions.
- J.C. Flowers & Co. in its role as financial advisor to Bank of America in its agreement to acquire Merrill Lynch & Co.
- The supervisory board of ABN Amro in its €72 billion combination with a consortium led by Royal Bank of Scotland, and the $21 billion sale of its LaSalle Bank subsidiary to Bank of America.
- American Express Bank International in the negotiation of a deferred prosecution agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice and enforcement orders with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- UFJ Holdings in its $41 billion combination with Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group, creating the world’s then largest bank.
- University of Michigan Law School, 1972, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 1969, B.A.