Pierre Maugüé is a corporate partner and member of the firm’s Finance Group. Mr. Maugüé focuses his practice on acquisition ...
Read Full Biography
- Warner Music Group in a two–part refinancing transaction, including its offer and sale of $250 million 4.875% dollar-denominated senior secured notes due 2024 and an offering of €345 million 4.125% euro-denominated senior secured notes due 2024 and the retirement of $450 million of outstanding dollar-denominated senior notes and €157 million of euro-denominated senior notes.
- Warner Music Group in its $300 million offering of 5% senior secured notes due 2023.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its acquisition of BUT, the largest furniture retailer network in France, in a 50:50 partnership with WM Holding, a company related to the XXXLutz Group.
- Reynolds Group Holdings in the issuance of $2.1 billion senior secured fixed and floating rate notes and $800 million senior notes.
- Rexel in its €650 million offering of 3.5% senior notes due 2023.
- UCI Holdings in its up to $125 million senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility.
- Sacturino in a loan facility from VTB Capital in the principal amount of $5.5 billion for its bid for Polyus Gold, which values the company at approximately $9 billion.
- Kelso & Company in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Sirius Computer Solutions, a leading national IT solutions integrator.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Kelso & Company in the financing aspects of its acquisition of US LBM Holdings, a building products distributor, from BlackEagle Partners.
- Park Square in the formation of Park Square Capital Credit Opportunities II, a $2.4 billion senior debt program.
- Rexel in its €500 million offering of 3.250% senior notes due 2022.
- UCI in the $257 million sale of its Wells vehicle electronics business to NGK Spark Plug Co.
- International Paper in the negotiation of a $1.4 billion ABL Credit Facility entered into on the combination of its xpedx distribution solutions business with Unisource Worldwide in a "Reverse Morris Trust" transaction to form Veritiv Corporation.
- Schneider Electric in the sale of its custom sensors and technologies division to Carlyle and PAI, based on an enterprise value of $900 million, and its reinvestment of approximately $100 million.
- American International Group in the financing aspects of the sale of its 100% interest in International Lease Finance Corporation to AerCap Holdings N.V. for $7.6 billion.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the financing aspects of the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- Kelso & Company in the financing aspects of its acquisition of PowerTeam Services from CIVC Partners and True North Equity.
- Warner Music Group in its $765 million acquisition of the Parlophone Label Group (PLG) from Universal Music Group. (the sale of PLG was required by the European Commission as a condition to its approval of Universal acquiring sole control of the activities of EMI).
- Reynolds Group in its $3.25 billion offering of 5.75% senior secured notes due 2020, at the time the third-largest single-tranche issue on record in the high-yield market and the largest issue since 2008.
- Hertz Global Holdings in the financing aspects of its $2.3 billion acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- Warner Music Group in the $1.5 billion refinancing of its existing secured notes and revolving credit facility.
- Reynolds Group Holdings in financing arrangements, including the issuance of $1.5 billion of senior secured notes and $1.5 billion of senior notes and borrowings of incremental loans in excess of $2 billion, for its acquisition of Pactiv, a NYSE-listed global manufacturer and supplier of consumer food and beverage packaging and storage products.
- International Paper in the financing of its $4.3 billion acquisition of Temple-Inland.
- Reynolds Group Holdings in the financing aspects of its $4.5 billion acquisition of Graham Packaging Company.
- Access Industries in the financings for its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Reynolds Group in its $3 billion senior secured and unsecured notes issuance and a $2.02 billion term loan senior secured financing for the $4.5 billion acquisition of Pactiv.
- Providence Equity Partners in the financing aspects of its $1.9 billion going private acquisition of SRA International.
- Rank Group in the financing aspects of its $950 million acquisition of Honeywell’s automotive consumer products group.
- Rank Group Limited in the financing aspects of its $980 million acquisition of UCI International, a North American automotive products business.
- International Paper in the financing aspects of its $2.2 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in the financing aspects of the $7.1 billion acquisition of US Foods.
- International Paper in financing matters related to the $6.1 billion sale of more than five million acres of US timberlands to an investor group led by Resource Management Service, and more than 900 thousand acres of US timberlands to an investor group led by TimberStar.
- New York University School of Law, 1995, M.C.J.