Samantha J. Rowe is a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group whose practice focuses on international arbitration and public ...
Read Full Biography
- A leading engineering, construction, and project management company in a potential investment treaty claim in the Middle East.
- A major U.S. oil company with respect to issues with respect to its offshore concession because of a border dispute between two neighboring countries.
- The Finnish manufacturer Oy Metsä-Botnia AB in its $1.3 billion greenfield investment in the Orion pulp mill project in Uruguay and the Case Concerning Pulp Mills on the River Uruguay (Argentina v. Uruguay) in the International Court of Justice.
- IMS Health Incorporated and its Latin American affiliates in a Spanish-language ICC arbitration relating to an alleged breach in Brazil, Mexico and certain other Latin American jurisdictions of a contract governed by Argentine law.
- An investment firm in two BIT cases against the Government of Laos under the ICSID Additional Facility Rules and the UNCITRAL Rules.
- A leading Brazilian company in a series of disputes totaling $400 million relating to an investment in a Brazilian food retail business. The representation includes two ICC arbitrations seated in São Paulo.
- Exxon Mobil and Murphy Oil in winning a NAFTA arbitration award that the imposition of research spending requirements by Newfoundland violated NAFTA.
- Mitsui in its $5.8 billion bridge loan to Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile (CODELCO) to finance CODELCO’s potential acquisition of up to a 49% interest in Anglo American Sur, a wholly owned subsidiary of Anglo American.
- A construction company in its ICC arbitration with a major oil company over delays and additional costs in a project for the construction of a FPSO platform.
- Postova Bank of Slovakia in investment treaty claims against Greece arising from the Greek debt restructuring.
- Norilsk Nickel and Interros International Investments in a dispute with United Company Rusal, including LCIA arbitration proceedings and related court litigation in the United States, England, Russia, Switzerland, St. Kitts & Nevis and The Netherlands.
- The UK Government as amicus curiae in litigation before U.S. federal courts and the United States Supreme Court.
- New York University School of Law, 2008, LL.M.
- University of Oxford, 2006, B.A.