Samuel M. Duncan is a tax associate.
Mr. Duncan joined Debevoise in 2014. He received a J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School ...
Read Full Biography
- Allergan in its $2.9 billion acquisition of LifeCell Corporation, a regenerative medicine business.
- Tribune Media Company in the $560 million sale of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, to the Nielsen Company.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- Allergan in its $639 million acquisition of Vitae Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage biotechnology company.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its investment in convertible preferred equity securities of an affiliate of Advanced Disposal Services.
- Nestlé Skin Health in its acquisition of Guthy Renker’s worldwide Proactiv business, the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand.
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of a majority interest in the asset management business of AR Capital (subsequently withdrawn), its acquisition of the wholesale distribution business of RCS Capital and its substantial minority equity investment in RCS Capital.
- Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in its $365 million sale to Sequential Brands.
- CHC Group in its $145 million asset-based loan financing.
- Catlin Group Limited in its sale to XL Group for approximately £2.79 billion. The combined business is expected to have a leading presence in the global specialty insurance and reinsurance markets.
- Northwestern Mutual in its $2.7 billion sale of Russell Investments to the London Stock Exchange Group.
- Nestlé in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the aesthetic dermatology business of Valeant Pharmaceuticals, in connection with Valeant’s pending $53 billion unsolicited offer for Allergan.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2009, J.D.
- Wesleyan University, 2005, B.A. (Hons)