Sean Hecker is a litigation partner and experienced trial lawyer whose practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations and complex ...
Read Full Biography
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in unanimous jury trial verdict against generic drug manufacturer, Apotex, Inc., which was seeking damages of $3.4 billion.
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- A major investment bank in connection with federal and state regulatory investigations relating to mortgage origination, underwriting and securitization practices.
- Several foreign financial institutions in connection with the DOJ Tax Division’s Program for Swiss Banks.
- Multiple individuals in connection with multi-jurisdictional investigations concerning foreign currency trading.
- The former global head of structured-products ABS collateralized debt obligations at a major investment bank in an SEC inquiry into the offering of notes in a synthetic CDO.
- A large pharmaceutical company in conducting internal investigations of alleged corruption at two European subsidiaries.
- The audit committee of the board of directors of a multinational consulting firm as independent counsel in an internal investigation of potential FCPA violations in connection with projects in the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
- A multinational consumer products company in an internal investigation regarding allegations of procurement and expense abuse fraud.
- Siemens AG’s Audit Committee in a world-wide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the US and German authorities.
- A large pharmaceutical company in a grand jury investigation of antitrust and related criminal charges, as well as in securities class action litigation.
- Several individuals in the SEC’s investigation of sales of CDOs backed by subprime mortgages.
- Several individuals in stock options back-dating investigations conducted by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, the SEC, and the New York County District Attorney’s Office.
- Stanford Law School, 1997, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1994, M.P.P.
- Columbia University, 1992, B.A.