Steven Ostner is of counsel and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions and Finance Groups.
Mr. Ostner ...
Read Full Biography
- Strongwood Insurance Holdings in its sale of Sequoia Insurance Company, Personal Express Insurance Company, Sequoia Indemnity Company and certain other subsidiaries to Amtrust Financial Services.
- Protective Life Insurance Company and its wholly owned captive reinsurer, Golden Gate IV Vermont Captive Insurance Company, in a $790 million letter of credit-based financing of XXX reserves.
- Syncora Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiary, Syncora Guarantee Inc., in connection with the subsidiary's comprehensive restructuring relating to its transactions with various financial institutions that were counterparties to its credit defaults swaps and holders of residential mortgage-backed securities that it guaranteed.
- Syncora Guarantee Inc., in the restructuring of obligations to certain liquidity banks holding Jefferson County, Alabama sewer system revenue warrants insured by Syncora.
- A group of institutional investors holding Ambac-wrapped residential mortgage-backed securities allocated to the segregated account of Ambac in connection with the rehabilitation of the segregated account.
- Security Capital Assurance Ltd. in its restructuring with XL Capital Ltd. and various financial institutions party to credit default swaps with its insurance subsidiary XL Capital Assurance Inc.
- MBIA Inc. in connection with its entry into an investment agreement with Warburg Pincus Private Equity X, L.P., providing for an equity investment of $1 billion in MBIA.
- The prospective trustees of Senior Healthcare Oversight Trust, a trust to be formed to oversee Conseco Senior Health Insurance Company, when contributed by Conseco, Inc.
- Protective Life Corporation in a structured financing of excess “XXX” reserves of its life insurance subsidiaries.
- Yale Law School, 1978, J.D.
- Amherst College, 1974, B.A.