Usman Arain is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Mr. Arain joined Debevoise in 2010. He received ...
Read Full Biography
- The Dolan family, controlling stockholders of Cablevision Systems Corporation, in Cablevision’s $17.7 billion sale to Altice.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Perella Weinberg Partners as a financial advisor to Willis Group in its $18 billion merger with Towers Watson.
- Evercore Partners as financial advisor to Tokio Marine in its $7.5 billion acquisition of HCC Insurance.
- Standard General in its acquisition of over 1,700 RadioShack stores in alliance with Sprint as part of RadioShack’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Diamond Castle in the acquisition by its portfolio company Beacon Health of ValueOptions, the largest independent behavioral healthcare and wellness company in the U.S.
- Standard General in its investment in clothing manufacturer and distributor American Apparel.
- Schneider Electric in the sale of its custom sensors and technologies division to Carlyle and PAI, based on an enterprise value of $900 million, and its reinvestment of approximately $100 million.
- TruGreen in its spin-off from ServiceMaster.
- Assurant in its investment in Iké Asistencia, a services assistance business with operations in Mexico and other countries in Latin America.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in the formation of a joint venture with Aircastle to invest in leased aircraft.
- GoldenTree Asset Management and various funds under its management in the out-of-court restructuring and corporate reorganization of Source Home Entertainment.
- HD Supply in its amended and extended $1.3 billion senior secured credit facility and $2.1 billion senior secured ABL revolving credit facility.
- Hertz Global Holdings in its $2.3 billion acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- The Carlyle Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Getty Images.
- Rank Group in the $400 million offering of 8.625% senior secured notes due 2019 by UCI International.
- Columbia Law School, 2010, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2007, B.A.