Wendy J. Miles, QC is a partner in the firm’s London office and a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group. Her practice focuses on international ...
Read Full Biography
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated v. Tanoh, successfully resisting attempts to obtain uphold an ex parte anti-enforcement injunction from the English High Court to block enforcement of an existing judgment based on the existence of an arbitration agreement.
- One of Europe’s largest companies in multiple parallel multibillion-euro LCIA arbitration proceedings against a European sovereign.
- One of the world’s largest asset managers in a dispute with a South American sovereign and one of the largest companies in South America related to losses in excess of $1 billion dollars suffered as the result of corruption.
- A Middle Eastern telecommunications company in parallel multimillion-dollar ICC arbitration proceedings.
- A construction company in a multimillion dollar ICC arbitration arising out of main contractor’s failure to pay following construction of a major Middle Eastern airport.
- A North American investor in a potential ICC and ICSID arbitration arising out of a power purchase agreement in West Africa.
- A Middle Eastern state entity in an LCIA arbitration arising out of and in relation to the government ownership rights to oil and gas in the Middle East.
- A North American gaming company in an LCIA arbitration arising out of indemnity claims obligations pursuant to a merger.
- A European oil and gas investor in a potential LCIA arbitration arising out of a joint venture in a CIS state.
- A Brazilian manufacturer against a major German entity in an ICC arbitration arising out of a technology licensing agreement.
- Advising in relation to global arbitration proceedings under various institutions (including SIAC, JAA and others) and litigation arising out of fraud and breach of warranty claims against an Asian manufacturer by a number of major airlines, with the amount in dispute in excess of $10 billion.
- A major European manufacturer in two related ICC arbitrations arising out of a joint venture agreement with its Asian partner, involving €2 billion in dispute.
- Advising in relation to multiple potential ICC arbitrations, various seats arising out of an FDA regulatory issue concerning manufacture of a drug, representing a German pharmaceutical company in more than 30 potential disputes.
- An oil and gas drilling operator in two related LCIA arbitrations arising out of a South American political risk insurance policy and state expropriation of significant oil infrastructure assets.
- A French distributor in multiple JAA arbitrations, Tokyo seats, arising out of termination of distributorship agreements throughout Africa for Japanese automotive distribution.
- A CIS state in global arbitration/litigation proceedings arising out of the wrongful enforcement proceedings connected to an ICC arbitral award.
- University of Canterbury, B.A.
- University of Canterbury, LL.B.
- University of Canterbury, LL.M.