William Regner is a corporate partner and Co-Head of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Guardian Life in the sale of its majority ownership in eMoney Advisor, a leading wealth planning software company, to Fidelity Investments.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of IndexIQ, a leader in the liquid alternative exchange-traded fund industry.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition with Estancia Capital Management of American Beacon.
- Amazon.com in its $970 million acquisition of Twitch Interactive, the leading live video platform for gamers.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments, a diversified investment management company with $221 billion in assets under management.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- Rothschild Asset Management, the U.S. asset management business of the Rothschild Group, in the establishment of Rothschild Larch Lane Management Company, a registered fund of hedge funds with Larch Lane Advisors.
- New York Life Investments in its €380 million acquisition of Dexia Asset Management.
- Amazon.com in its acquisition of Goodreads, a website for readers and book recommendations.
- FLAG Capital Management in its acquisition of Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity investment firm.
- International Paper in its $4.3 billion acquisition of Temple-Inland.
- Providence Equity Partners in its $1.9 billion going private acquisition of SRA International, a provider of technology and strategic consulting services.
- Alibaba in its sale of a $1.6 billion stake to a consortium of investors including Silver Lake Technology Management, Digital Sky Technologies, Temasek Holdings and Yunfeng Capital.
- Access Industries in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Hertz Global Holdings in its tender offer for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Private Advisors, a manager of private equity and hedge funds of funds with $3.9 billion in assets under management.
- American International Group in the sale of its investment advisory and asset management business to Pacific Century Group.
- BM&FBOVESPA in its $620 million investment in and strategic joint venture with CME Group, which operates the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- Amazon.com in its $545 million acquisition of Quidsi, which operates Diapers.com, an online baby care specialty site, Soap.com, an online site for everyday essentials, and BeautyBar.com, a prestige beauty boutique.
- Verizon Wireless in its $2.35 billion sale of wireless assets to AT&T and $240 million acquisition of wireless assets from AT&T.
- Amazon.com in its acquisition of Audible.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of eSpeed in eSpeed’s $1.3 billion merger with BGC Partners.
- Verizon Wireless in its acquisition of Alltel Corporation, a transaction valued at $28.1 billion, and in its $2.67 billion acquisition of Rural Cellular.
- Icahn Enterprises Audit and Special Committees in numerous assignments, including in the company's $863 million acquisition of a majority interest in Federal-Mogul Corporation, in the company's acquisition of the Icahn hedge fund business, a group of private investment funds managed by Carl Icahn with committed capital of $7 billion, and in the company's $652 million acquisition of oil and gas and gaming and entertainment assets from affiliates of Mr. Icahn.
- International Paper in its $6.1 billion sale of six million acres of U.S. timberlands to an investor group led by Resource Management Service and an investor group led by TimberStar.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of Institutional Capital Corporation, an investment management firm.
- Verizon Communications in its acquisition of MCI, a transaction with an equity value of $8.5 billion.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1994, J.D.
- Colgate University, 1988, A.B.