William Regner is a corporate partner and Co-Head of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. He focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Amazon.com in its $970 million acquisition of Twitch Interactive, the leading live video platform for gamers.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments, a diversified investment management company with $221 billion in assets under management.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- Rothschild Asset Management, the US asset management business of the Rothschild Group, in the establishment of Rothschild Larch Lane Management Company, a registered fund of hedge funds with Larch Lane Advisors.
- New York Life Investments in its €380 million acquisition of Dexia Asset Management.
- Amazon.com in its acquisition of Goodreads, a website for readers and book recommendations.
- FLAG Capital Management in its acquisition of Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity investment firm.
- International Paper in its $4.3 billion acquisition of Temple-Inland.
- Providence Equity Partners in its $1.9 billion going private acquisition of SRA International, a leading provider of technology and strategic consulting services.
- Alibaba in its sale of a $1.6 billion stake to a consortium of investors including Silver Lake Technology Management, Digital Sky Technologies, Temasek Holdings and Yunfeng Capital.
- Access Industries in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Hertz Global Holdings in its tender offer for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Private Advisors, a manager of private equity and hedge funds of funds with $3.9 billion in assets under management.
- American International Group in the sale of a portion of its investment advisory and asset management business to Pacific Century Group.
- BM&FBOVESPA in its $620 million investment in and strategic joint venture with CME Group, which operates the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- Amazon.com in its $545 million acquisition of Quidsi, which operates Diapers.com, an online baby care specialty site, Soap.com, an online site for everyday essentials, and BeautyBar.com, a prestige beauty boutique.
- Verizon Wireless in its $2.35 billion sale of wireless assets to AT&T and $240 million acquisition of wireless assets from AT&T.
- Amazon.com in its acquisition of Audible.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of eSpeed in eSpeed’s $1.3 billion merger with BGC Partners.
- Verizon Wireless in its acquisition of Alltel Corporation, a transaction valued at $28.1 billion, and in its $2.67 billion acquisition of Rural Cellular.
- Icahn Enterprises Audit and Special Committees in numerous assignments, including in the company's $863 million acquisition of a majority interest in Federal-Mogul Corporation, in the company's acquisition of the Icahn hedge fund business, a group of private investment funds managed by Carl Icahn with committed capital of $7 billion, and in the company's $652 million acquisition of oil and gas and gaming and entertainment assets from affiliates of Mr. Icahn.
- International Paper in its $6.1 billion sale of more than five million acres of US timberlands to an investor group led by Resource Management Service, and more than 900 thousand acres of US timberlands to an investor group led by TimberStar.
- New York Life Investment Management in its acquisition of Institutional Capital Corporation, an investment management firm.
- Verizon Communications in its acquisition of MCI, a transaction with an equity value of $8.5 billion.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1994, J.D.
- Colgate University, 1988, A.B.