AJ Salomon is a corporate associate and a member of the Financial Institutions Group.
Her practice focuses on advising clients in the insurance ...
Read Full Biography
- Prudential Financial in the formation of Prismic Life Reinsurance, a licensed Class E Bermuda-based life and annuity reinsurance company.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in the closing of its $2.4 billion Ivy II reinsurance co-investment vehicle.
- KKR and Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in their strategic partnership with Japan Post Insurance.
- Prudential Financial in the acquisition of a majority interest in Deerpath Capital Management and its associated affiliates by PGIM, the $1.2 trillion global investment management business of Prudential.
- Brookfield Reinsurance in its acquisition of Argo in a transaction valued at approximately $1.1 billion.
- Brookfield Reinsurance in its $10 billion reinsurance agreement with American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company.
- Brookfield Reinsurance Partners in the regulatory process relating to the acquisition of a cornerstone investment in American Equity Investment Life Holding Company.
- Jackson and Prudential plc in the separation of Jackson through a demerger, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.5 billion and that establishes Jackson as an independent, publicly-traded company.
- Prudential in the sale of its retirement plan business to Empower for a total transaction value of $3.55 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- MassMutual in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Great American Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Financial Group.
- Covéa in its $750m investment in Lorenz Re, a Bermuda reinsurance company established to enable PartnerRe to participate in the investor backed collateralized reinsurance market.
- MetLife in the $3.94 billion sale of its auto and home business to Zurich Insurance Group subsidiary Farmers Group.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in the establishment of Ivy Re, a reinsurance co-investment vehicle designed to co-invest approximately $1 billion with Global Atlantic and its subsidiaries in qualifying reinsurance transactions.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its $1.25 billion acquisition of Voya Financial’s individual life in-force business.
- Protective Life Insurance Company in the consolidation of its captive reserve financing facilities.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- RL LP in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to an affiliate of Kuvare US Holdings.
- Crescent Capital Group, KKR Credit Advisors and GoldPoint Partners, as prepetition noteholders and debtor-in-possession lenders to The Rockport Company and its subsidiaries, in the company’s Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, including in connection with PREPA’s forbearance agreement, with more than 60% of the holders of its $8.3 billion of outstanding bonds.
- Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Company in a loss portfolio transfer of legacy U.S. insurance liabilities to Alea North America Insurance, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bermuda-based run-off firm Catalina Holdings.
- Prosperity Life Insurance in its sale to an investor group led by Elliott Management.
- David’s Bridal in its successful prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, under which David’s Bridal cut its debt by more than $400 million while preserving its business intact and ensuring that 80,000 pending customer orders and all trade claims would be satisfied without interruption.
- Gramercy Funds Management, as debtor-in-possession lender and one of the largest shareholders and creditors of Banro Corporation, a Canadian mining company with operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which successfully restructured under CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group. (Terminated)
- CF Corporation and Blackstone in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Columbia Law School, 2016, J.D.
- Colgate University, 2013, B.A.