Ada Fernandez Johnson is a counsel in the firm’s Litigation Department, based in the Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on representing ...
Read Full Biography
- A leading fintech company in successful resolution of an anti-money laundering investigation by the DOJ.
- Barrick Gold and seven of its current and former officers and directors in a securities class action arising from the development of a mining project in South America.
- Barrick Gold Corp. in a securities class action relating to the Veladero mine in Argentina.
- The former CEO of Valeant Pharmaceuticals in government investigations and civil securities class actions and other litigation relating to the company’s restatement and sales practices.
- A former senior financial executive of Lumber Liquidators in securities class action, shareholder derivative litigation, and government investigations arising from reports of tainted flooring products.
- Successful defense of former BISYS senior financial officer in an SEC investigation arising from a restatement.
- A former chief financial officer of an equipment leasing company in SEC and Department of Justice investigations into securities fraud.
- Schering-Plough’s former chief operating officer, in the securities class action and shareholder derivative actions filed against him, Schering-Plough and other current/former officers.
- The former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, in securities class actions, derivative litigation and regulatory inquiries arising from Hewlett-Packard’s acquisition of Autonomy.
- The former CEO of Bank of America, in regulatory matters relating to the Merrill Lynch acquisition, including defense against civil claims brought by the New York Attorney General and various civil securities and derivative cases.
- The former Chief Financial Officer of AOL Time Warner in an SEC investigation into AOL’s advertising revenues.
- Large non-bank financial institution in connection with an SEC investigation relating to various accounting and disclosure issues.
- A large asset manager in resolution of SEC investigation into disclosures of 12b-1 fees and share class selection.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1998, J.D.