Aimee-Jane Lee is an international counsel in the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group and is based in the London office. Her practice ...
Read Full Biography
- The Russian Federation in an arbitration brought by Financial Performance Holdings (a former Yukos Oil subsidiary) (“FPH”) under the Energy Charter Treaty and the UNCITRAL Rules relating to an alleged expropriation and other breaches. FPH withdrew its claims and the Russian Federation successfully applied to have its full costs paid.
- The Russian Federation in an arbitration brought by Yukos Capital (a former Yukos Oil subsidiary) under the Energy Charter Treaty and the UNCITRAL Rules relating to an alleged expropriation and other breaches. The claims relate to certain alleged inter-company loans.
- An international pharmaceutical company in an ICC emergency arbitration concerning supply obligations.
- The Russian Federation in an arbitration brought by Luxtona (a former Yukos Oil subsidiary) under the Energy Charter Treaty and the UNCITRAL Rules relating to an alleged expropriation and other breaches. The claims relate to shares allegedly held by Luxtona in its former parent company.
- Helios Investment Partners and its investment vehicle Samba Luxco Sarl in the settlement of claims made in an ICC Arbitration regarding Samba's stake in Africatel BV. The settlement involved reducing Samba’s stake in Africatel BV from 25% to 14%, and the transfer from Africatel BV to Samba of a 34% stake in Mobile Telecommunications Limited, the Namibian telecoms operator.
- A private equity fund in ICC arbitration proceedings arising from a telecoms dispute based in Africa.
- Mobile TeleSystems in its investor-state arbitration against Uzbekistan brought under the Additional Facility of the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), including successfully defending an Article 45(6) application.
- Occidental Petroleum Company and Occidental Exploration and Production Company (“Occidental”) in an ICSID arbitration, winning one of the largest ever BIT awards, $1.1 billion ($1.4 billion including interest). The filing of the claim was made two days after Ecuador terminated all of Occidental’s exploration and production rights and seized all of its assets in the country. Ecuador and Occidental have arranged for payment of this award.
- A major automotive corporation as claimant in consolidated ICC London arbitration proceedings against Volkswagen in respect of a dispute involving a multibillion euro cross-shareholding and arising out of a commercial alliance formalised in December 2009.
- BPP Law School, 2004, L.P.C.
- University of Cambridge, 2003, B.A. (Hons)
- University of Oxford, 2001, B.A. (Hons)