Anastasia Magid is an associate in the London office and a member of the firm’s Dispute Resolution and Sanctions Compliance Practice Groups.
Read Full Biography
- Sberbank in its successful challenge to the jurisdiction of the English High Court to hear a $300 million conspiracy claim brought by a subsidiary of Russian bank VTB.
- Ant Group in its agreement to form joint ventures with Mail.ru Group, USM, MegaFon, and RDIF in payments and financial services.
- Sberbank in its acquisition of a 20.8% stake in Cetelem Bank from BNP Paribas group. The transaction sees Sberbank become the sole shareholder of Cetelem Bank, a leader in the Russian consumer and car loan market.
- A major Russian bank in multiple proceedings across a number of jurisdictions, including England, arising out of the financial collapse of a major international oil refinery.
- A large Russian investment company in its defence of an LCIA arbitration claim brought by a Russian individual, relating to a corporate dispute with respect to a manufacturing group.
- A large Turkish construction and development company in its defence against claim in Russian commercial courts brought by a minority shareholder related to mandatory tender offer.
- Alibaba in the joint venture of its AliExpress business in Russia with the Russian Direct Investment Fund, MegaFon and Mail.ru, aimed at integrating Russia’s key consumer internet and e-commerce platforms.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Sberbank in multiple proceedings filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York relating to contested foreclosures.
- A large Russian car dealership and its beneficiary in the dispute against a Russian businessman related to debt recovery.
- A subsidiary of the Russian large steel company in its claim at the SCC arbitration in Stockholm against an Austrian engineering company in connection with numerous delays with the supply of the project documentation and production equipment.
- Various clients in sanctions compliance issues, including negotiating representations and warranties and other contract provisions and drafting compliance programs.
- The Audit Committee of Mobile Telesystems, a Russian telecommunications company, in an investigation relating to its Uzbek subsidiary and subsequent advice relating to the Company’s Deferred Prosecution Agreement with DOJ and settlement with the SEC.
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations, 2017, M.A.
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations, 2015, B.A.