Over a period of more than 30 years, both in the United States and in Europe, Andrew (“Andy”) Sommer represented private equity firms, financial ...
Read Full Biography
- Culligan in the sale of its vended water business owned and operated by Culligan Store Solutions, LLC, to Primo Water Corporation.
- Hewitt Associates in the financing aspects of its $4.9 billion merger with Aon Corporation.
- A principal party in its investment in Essent Group Ltd., a Bermuda mortgage insurer and reinsurer.
- Stone Point Capital and Harbor Point in the formation and initial $1.5 billion capitalization of Harbor Point Limited, a global reinsurance company based in Bermuda, and Harbor Point's acquisition of the ongoing business of Chubb Re, a subsidiary of The Chubb Corporation.
- The D. E. Shaw Group in its $575 million going private acquisition of the James River Group.
- The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Permira and Providence Equity Partners in their bid for Grupo Auna.
- Providence Equity Partners in a variety of private equity investments, including the €1.73 billion acquisition of Kabel Deutschland by an investor consortium and the €665 million acquisition of Casema Holding.
- Benfield in its $1.75 billion merger with Aon.
- Benfield Group in the formation and $1 billion initial capitalization of Montpelier Re Holdings, and in Benfield’s $179 million acquisition of E.W. Blanch Holdings.
- B.R. Guest in the sale of the company to Starwood Capital Group.
- First Reserve as lead investor in the establishment of Petrel Re, a sidecar reinsurer focused on marine and energy reinsurance that provides reinsurance for Validus Re.
- First Reserve as lead investor in the establishment of Sirocco Re, a sidecar reinsurer focused on Gulf of Mexico offshore energy that provides reinsurance for Lancashire Re.
- Soros Fund Management LLC in the investment by its Soros Strategic Partners, LP fund in Blackstone Financial Group and its subsidiary, Narragansett Bay Insurance Company.
- Soros Private Funds Management in the structuring of a reinsurance company that will acquire Lloyds Syndicates.
- New York University School of Law, 1983, J.D.
- Brown University, 1978, A.B.