Anna Moody is a counsel in Debevoise’s Litigation Department, resident in the Washington, D.C. office. Her practice focuses on securities-related ...
Read Full Biography
- A food and beverage packaging manufacturer in securing the termination of an SEC insider trading investigation relating to trading activity by four executives.
- A large private adviser in an SEC insider trading investigation involving personal trading activity.
- SolarWinds, a software developer, in an SEC investigation related to the December 2020 SUNBURST cyber attack.
- An investment management firm in an SEC investigation related to fee disclosures and MNPI policies and procedures.
- MetLife in multiple securities class action and derivative lawsuits challenging the company’s estimates of liabilities for incurred but not reported claims.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. and certain of its affiliates in dismissal of a class action lawsuit challenging provision of private mortgage reinsurance under RESPA.
- Kaestner Family Trust in winning a unanimous Supreme Court victory in North Carolina Department of Revenue v. Kimberley Rice Kaestner 1992 Family Trust, involving an attempt by North Carolina to tax a nonresident trust based solely on the fact that a beneficiary of the trust, who had not yet received any distributions, lived in the State.
- The former CEO of Valeant Pharmaceuticals (now Bausch Health) in government investigations and civil securities class actions and other litigation relating to the company’s restatement and sales practices.
- The Nature Conservancy in an action seeking relief for damage to the Atlantic Double Dunes nature preserve and defeating an adverse possession claim against Conservancy land.
- A Louisiana abortion clinic and its doctors, on their own behalf and on behalf of their patients, in challenging the constitutionality of Louisiana’s targeted regulation of abortion providers.
- A hedge fund in securing a declination from the SEC in connection with an investigation of its trades in the securities of a target company.
- Columbia Law School, 2009, J.D.
- Washington University in St. Louis, 2006, B.A.