Benjamin P. Collins-Wood is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department and the Mergers & Acquisitions Group. His practice focuses on advising ...
Read Full Biography
- Pacific Life in its sale of Aviation Capital Group to Tokyo Century Corporation.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Impact Fitness, a franchisee of Planet Fitness and formerly a Bain Capital portfolio company.
- 4Refuel and its equityholders, including Kelso & Company and Penske Truck Leasing, in the sale of 4Refuel, the leading mobile on-site refueling company in Canada, to Finning International.
- Tribune Media Company in its $6.4 billion sale to Nexstar Media.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic partnership with AIG to position DSA Re as a platform to provide solutions for insurance liabilities globally.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority interest in American Greetings.
- CHC Group, one of the largest global commercial helicopter service companies in the world, as aircraft counsel in its Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, in which CHC successfully restructured more than $2 billion in indebtedness. Debevoise was named joint winners of “Restructuring Deal of the Year (Over $1B to $5B)” at the 12th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards for this representation.
- OppenheimerFunds in a joint venture with The Carlyle Group, which will provide global private credit opportunities for the wealth market.
- Pacific Life and Aviation Capital Group in the minority investment by Tokyo Century in Aviation Capital Group, a transaction which won the Airline Economics Aviation 100 “2017 Overall Equity Deal of the Year” award.
- Dover Corporation in its acquisition of Caldera, a wide-format imaging software company headquartered in France.
- Two investors in their joint acquisition of Chesapeake Asset Management, a New York-based investment advisor.
- RWL Water in the merger by acquisition of Emefcy Group and RWL Water.
- A secondaries investor as the lead investor in the recapitalization of two “end-of-life” funds, sponsored by the same manager, in a merger transaction designed to offer liquidity to existing investors.
- Dover Corporation in its acquisition of Fairbanks.
- Dover Corporation in its acquisition of ProGauge.
- Augment Investments Limited in a tender offer to acquire global depository receipts representing ordinary shares of OJSC Pharmstandard for the total purchase price of $200 million.
- Eutelsat in a joint venture with ViaSat to provide wholesale and retail broadband services in Europe.
- Dover Corporation in its €425 million acquisition of Tokheim Group’s dispensers and systems businesses.
- Uralkali in a buyback programme of its common shares and GDRs with a total purchase amount of $1.32 billion.
- Uralkali in a buyback programme of its common shares and GDRs with a total purchase amount of up to $1.5 billion.
- Otkritie Financial Corporation in the purchase by its subsidiary of 5,593,041 Class B shares in QIWI, a Nasdaq-listed company.
- CHC Group in its $145 million asset-based loan financing.
- Hanwha SolarOne in its $2 billion acquisition of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- Helios Investment Partners in its minority investment in Wananchi Group as part of a $130 million investment from Helios and existing shareholders.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of up to a 49% stake in NYSE-listed CHC Group, the world's largest commercial helicopter operator with an enterprise value of $1.9 billion.
- GreyCastle in its $570 million acquisition, backed by a consortium of investors, of the run-off Life Reinsurance operations of XL Group.
- AIA Group in its $1 billion Rule 144A placement in the United States.
- American Airlines in leases of 20 new E175 aircraft to Compass Airlines and related arrangements with the manufacturers in connection with regional aircraft flight services pursuant to a capacity purchase agreement.
- Duke University School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Duke University School of Law, 2013, LL.M.
- University of Washington, 2009, B.A.