Ben Pedersen is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets Group.
Mr. Pedersen joined Debevoise in 2013. Mr. Pedersen received ...
Read Full Biography
- The Carlyle Group in the financing aspects of its $1.8 billion acquisition, with T&D Holdings, of a majority interest in Fortitude Re.
- Principal Financial Group in its $500 million offering of 3.700% senior notes due 2029 to finance the $1.2 billion acquisition of Wells Fargo & Company’s Institutional Retirement & Trust business.
- Elliott Management in the recapitalization of Affinion Group Holdings and related equity and stockholder arrangements.
- Elliott Management in a $450 million equity rights offering of Roadrunner Transportation Systems, resulting in Elliott acquiring 90% of Roadrunner.
- Gogo in its $215 million offering (including $13 million sold in a separate, concurrent private placement) of 6.00% convertible senior notes due 2022.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic partnership with AIG to position DSA Re as a platform to provide solutions for insurance liabilities globally.
- Discovery, Inc. in its $14.6 billion acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive.
- Verizon Communications in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Straight Path Communications, a leading wireless spectrum holder.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare.
- Atkore International, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $258.75 million secondary offering of common stock.
- Gogo in its $525 million offering of 12.5% senior secured notes due 2022.
- TruGreen, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, and CD&R in TruGreen’s merger with Scotts LawnService.
- Kelso & Company, the private equity sponsor of Logan’s Roadhouse, in Logan’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Debevoise also represented Kelso and Logan’s in a privately negotiated exchange offer to holders of Logan’s senior secured notes resulting in the issuance of over $220 million in new senior secured notes.
- Getty Images in multiple capital-raising initiatives to complement its existing debt structure and in exploring related balance sheet alternatives with respect to its approximately $2.3 billion in funded debt.
- Standard General in securities law matters related to various investments, including its acquisition of RadioShack’s asset based credit facility and its investment in clothing manufacturer and distributor American Apparel.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Altegrity, a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they successfully restructured more than $1.8 billion in funded indebtedness.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $49 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in the ongoing highly-publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Cornell University, 2008, B.A.