Mr. Yin has experience representing corporate clients across a range of industries, including banking and finance, private equity, insurance, energy and ...
Read Full Biography
- NLMK in its successful defence in the English High Court against an application to enforce a Russian arbitral award that had been set aside by the Russian courts.
- A Peruvian power company in a dispute arising out of defects in the generators installed in a new dual-fuel power plant.
- A South American power company in a dispute arising out of delays and defects in the construction of a hydroelectric power plant.
- Human Dignity Trust in a joint intervention on behalf of the Human Dignity Trust, International Committee of Jurists and Commonwealth Lawyers Association, which saw a law in Belize that disproportionately affects gay men ruled unconstitutional. London co-managing partner Lord Goldsmith QC also acted as lead advocate before the Supreme Court of Belize in the course of the proceedings.
- Nova Group Investments in an ICSID claim against the Romanian Government under the Netherlands-Romania BIT in respect of the purported expropriation of its Romanian assets.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in securing UN recommendations to overturn El Salvador’s criminalization of abortion.
- BAT Industries in proceedings arising from the $1 billion clean-up of the Fox River in the U.S., including proceedings brought by BAT in the High Court against Appvion and Windward Prospects (certain companies which used to form part of the BAT Group) and proceedings seeking to ensure the recovery of around $800 million in dividends paid by Windward to a company called Sequana.
- University of Oxford, 2013, BCL
- Australian National University, 2010, GDLP
- University of Queensland, 2009, LL.B. (Hons.)
- University of Queensland, 2009, B.A.