Clare Swirski is an international consultant in the firm’s London office. Her practice focusses on advising insurers and other financial ...
Read Full Biography
- Asta Capital and its shareholders, the market leading third party managing agent at Lloyd’s, in its sale to Davies Group.
- Prudential in the sale of its retirement plan business to Empower for a total transaction value of $3.55 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- Covéa in the reinsurance of 30% of all in-force business carried by SCOR’s Irish Life entities as of December 31, 2020.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close of Syndicate 3330’s 2018 year of account, and the purchase of AXA DBIO II’s Corporate Member.
- Compre in the launch of its Lloyd’s legacy syndicate 1994, and its strategic partnership with Apollo to manage syndicate 1994, and to work with Compre to build its Lloyd’s legacy platform.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close transaction of Apollo syndicate 1969’s 2017 and prior years of account.
- Helios Investment Partners in its launch of Africa Specialty Risk Group, a reinsurance business.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- GreyCastle in its sale to Monument Re, advising on the complex offshore UK / Bermuda life insurance structure. Debevoise also advised on the original establishment of GreyCastle.
- Covéa Group in its $9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe. (Terminated)
- Lovell Minnick in its take-private deal for Charles Taylor, a leading provider of professional services to the global insurance market.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $830 million reinsurance-to-close deals with Enstar Group in respect of its Lloyd’s operations.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and Ironshore Europe DAC from Liberty Mutual.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Assured Guaranty in its acquisition of a minority interest in Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors.
- Prudential Financial in its minority stake investment in Peak Reinsurance.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.