Conway Blake is a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group, based in London.
Dr. Blake represents corporate clients, sovereigns ...
Read Full Biography
- The Government of Grenada in an ICSID arbitration arising out of reforms to the electricity sector.
- The State of Qatar and Qatari entities and individuals in international claims arising out of the measures imposed by the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Egypt against Qatar, including in proceedings before the International Court of Justice against the United Arab Emirates, investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals.
- The Russian Federation in several disputes brought by former subsidiaries of Yukos Oil under the Energy Charter Treaty, including an arbitration brought by Financial Performance Holdings relating to an alleged expropriation and other breaches. In that matter, the claimant withdrew its claims and we obtained a full costs order for our client.
- Mobile TeleSystems in its investor-state arbitration against Uzbekistan brought under the Additional Facility of the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), including successfully defending an Article 45(6) application.
- A Canadian mining group in a dispute with the government of an African country, concerning claims of breach of the tax stabilisation and other provisions of an agreement for the operation of a copper treatment facility, and an expropriation of certain of the mining company’s rights.
- British Caribbean Bank Ltd, in successfully defending anti-arbitration injunction proceedings brought by the Government of Belize to avoid arbitration under a BIT in the courts of Belize and the Caribbean Court of Justice (before which Debevoise is believed to have been the first non-Caribbean firm to argue a case).
- An international organization in an arbitration brought by a private party under a Headquarters Agreement with a host state.
- A party bringing proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights under Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Human Dignity Trust in a joint intervention on behalf of the Human Dignity Trust, International Committee of Jurists and Commonwealth Lawyers Association, which saw a law in Belize that disproportionately affects homosexual men ruled unconstitutional.
- BPP Law School, 2010, L.P.C.
- University of Cambridge, 2010, Ph.D.
- University of Cambridge, 2006, LL.M.
- University of the West Indies, 2004, LL.B.