Craig Bowman is a retired partner. He was a member of the firm’s Finance Group. He has extensive experience across a broad range of secured financing ...
Read Full Biography
- A U.S.-based international infrastructure fund in its $1.5 billion syndicated hybrid facility secured by capital call rights and distributions from portfolio investments.
- Vetra Exploración y Producción Colombia, a Colombian energy company, in a $250 million secured credit facility to refinance debt and fund exploration.
- Several investment funds and fund sponsors in a variety of secured financing transactions, including subscription credit facilities secured by capital calls, management fee secured facilities, fund-of-fund credit facilities secured by interests in other funds, and GP financing facilities enabling fund managers and employees to fund their co-investment commitments.
- Mitsui in the financing aspects of its acquisition of a 20% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., a full service truck leasing, truck rental and logistics business that mainly operates in the U.S., from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Standard General in the $285 million debtor-in-possession financing facility in RadioShack’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Resolution Life in a $175 million financing for its acquisition of Lincoln Benefit Life Company.
- AssuraMed in its $760 million dividend recapitalization.
- Ascensus, a leading retirement plan solutions provider, in a $185 million credit facility for the acquisition of ExpertPlan as well as with a subsequent $307 million refinancing, a portion of the proceeds of which were used to acquire UPromise Investments.
- Mitsui in the financing aspects of its joint venture with Codelco to acquire 29.5% of Anglo American Sur.
- Syncora Guaranty in the renegotiation of financing structure for the SCUT Algarve toll road in Portugal in connection with the conversion of the concession from shadow tolls to real tolls.
- Mitsui and affiliated companies in the financing aspects of a joint venture with The Dow Chemical Company to construct, own and operate a membrane chlor-alkali facility in Freeport, Texas.
- A major U.S. life insurance company in a privately placed "RE-REMIC" transaction.
- Swiss Re and other lenders in the development of a $500 million 5-year surplus loan note facility for Farmers Insurance Exchange, a California interinsurance exchange.
- U.S. Department of Energy in its $5.9 billion secured loan to Ford Motor Company and its $46 million secured loan to The Vehicle Production Group, each under the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing program.
- MBIA in the 144A bond issuance by Mexico’s Comisión Federal de Electricidad, the proceeds of which were used to finance completion payments in the “El Cajon” hydroelectric project.
- Teleholding in its $300 million credit facilities to buy out the 49% minority interest in Mega Cable, a Mexican cable television company.
- Rexel in the $785 million senior secured facilities for its acquisition of GE Supply from General Electric.
- Columbia Law School, 1992, J.D.
- University of California at Los Angeles, 1985, B.A.