Daniel E. Stroik is a counsel and a member of the firm’s Restructuring Group. Mr. Stroik centers his practice on distressed investing and corporate ...
Read Full Biography
- Gogo in the $400 million sale of its commercial aviation business to Intelsat.
- David’s Bridal in its successful pre-packaged Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, under which David’s Bridal cut its debt by more than $400 million while preserving its business intact and ensuring that 80,000 pending customer orders and all trade claims would be satisfied without interruption.
- EIG, The Carlyle Group and its affiliate Hamilton Holdings in mezzanine debt investments in several combined-cycle gas fired power plants owned by the Panda Group, in potential capital structure alternatives for the Panda investments.
- Gramercy Funds Management, as debtor-in-possession lender and one of the largest shareholders and creditors of Banro Corporation, a Canadian mining company with operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which successfully restructured under CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Crescent Capital Group, KKR Credit Advisors and GoldPoint Partners, as prepetition noteholders and debtor-in-possession lenders to The Rockport Company and its subsidiaries, in the company’s Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Antares Holdings LP, a leading provider of lending solutions to private equity sponsor-backed middle-market companies, in the placement of $280 million of senior unsecured notes.
- Ambac Assurance Corporation, a Wisconsin domiciled insurance company, in a holistic restructuring transaction that involved three exchange offers of existing debt securities and other payment obligations for approximately $2.2 billion of newly-issued debt securities, as well as a new-money financing collateralized by the future proceeds of certain litigation claims against RMBS originators.
- EIG, as sponsor, equity provider and DIP lender in the Chapter 11 proceedings of midstream O&G company Southcross Holding LP, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas that reduced over $610 million of funded debt by nearly 80% and provided $170 million of new money investments to ensure the long-term viability of the debtors’ enterprise, including their publicly traded master-limited partnership left outside of the filing.
- Altegrity, a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they successfully restructured more than $1.8 billion in funded indebtedness and consensually resolved significant contested claims that had been asserted by the United States government. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of ten “Successful Restructurings 2015.”
- Kelso & Company, the private equity sponsor of Logan’s Roadhouse, in Logan’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Debevoise also represented Kelso and Logan’s in a privately negotiated exchange offer to holders of Logan’s senior secured notes resulting in the issuance of over $220 million in new senior secured notes.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2011, J.D.
- College of New Jersey, 2008, B.A.