David A. O’Neil is a litigation partner and member of the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group. Recommended by Chambers USA (2019) ...
Read Full Biography
- The owners of a South American construction company in U.S. investigations related to the Lava Jato corruption investigations in Brazil.
- Numerous CEOs and other senior executives in foreign corrupt practices investigations by the DOJ and SEC.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- Twitter in Department of Justice and Congressional investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- FanDuel in defending Attorney General actions seeking to prohibit the fantasy sports contests it sponsors as illegal gambling.
- FanDuel in a review of the company’s internal controls, standards, and practices.
- The former U.S. Deputy Attorney General and Acting Attorney General in Congressional investigations related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- The former CEO of a Fortune 20 financial institution in a hearing before the House Financial Services Committee and related document requests.
- An online pharmacy and its CEO in an indictment relating to illegal importation and sale of prescription drugs.
- The former CEO of Valeant Pharmaceuticals in government investigations and civil securities class actions and other litigation relating to the company’s restatement and sales practices.
- A leading financial institution in government investigations into Russian money laundering activity.
- The former Prime Minister of Bermuda in a long-running investigation into allegations of fraud and corruption.
- A global technology company and its former General Counsel in litigation involving encrypted data on a mobile device and related Congressional testimony.
- Kaestner Family Trust in winning a unanimous Supreme Court victory in North Carolina Department of Revenue v. Kimberley Rice Kaestner 1992 Family Trust, involving an attempt by North Carolina to tax a nonresident trust based solely on the fact that a beneficiary of the trust, who had not yet received any distributions, lived in the State.
- Harvard Law School, 2000, J.D.
- Princeton University, 1995, B.A.