David Sarratt is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department. He is a seasoned trial lawyer whose practice focuses on government enforcement actions, ...
Read Full Biography
- A major fantasy sports provider in multiple issues relating to the legality of daily fantasy sports and allegations of false advertising.
- Foreign financial institutions in enforcement actions and settlements with the NYDFS relating to AML/BSA compliance.
- Multiple financial institutions in advising on issues relating to legalization of cannabis in particular jurisdictions.
- Two leading international firms relating to whistleblower complaints alleging corruption in public procurement processes in Mexico.
- A leading national bank in an investigation by the DOJ, state authorities and various banking regulators relating to AML compliance.
- The Ohio State University in an investigation into alleged mishandling of reports of domestic violence by the head football coach.
- A global service business in a review of hiring practices in India and Asia.
- Major technology firm in Department of Justice and Congressional investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- A global financial institution in government investigations into Russian money laundering activity.
- A global technology company and its former General Counsel in litigation involving encrypted data on a mobile device and related Congressional testimony.
- A foreign bank in responding to the DOJ investigation of Mossack Fonseca and the “Panama Papers”.
- Winged Foot Golf Club, along with certain present and former members of the Board of Directors of the Winged Foot Holding Corporation, in shareholder derivative and securities class action lawsuits pending in the Southern District of New York.
- Standard General in litigation arising from its 2014 investment in American Apparel, and related agreements between Standard General, the company, and its former Chief Executive Officer, Dov Charney.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2004, J.D.
- University of Virginia, 2000, B.A.