Dexter A. Hoffman is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Financial Institutions Groups.
Mr. Hoffman has ...
Read Full Biography
- Prudential in its sale of Prudential of Taiwan to Taishin Financial.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- Prudential Financial in its $1.9 billion sale of Prudential Life Insurance of Korea to KB Financial Group.
- Covéa Group in its $9 billion acquisition, later terminated, of PartnerRe.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $830 million reinsurance-to-close deals with Enstar Group in respect of its Lloyd’s operations.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- Assured Guaranty in its acquisition of a minority interest in Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 40% ownership interest in Belron, which valued the company at €3 billion.
- Adveq in its sale to Schroders.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- New York University School of Law, 2015, J.D.
- Emory University, 2011, B.A.