Dmitry Stakheev is an associate in the Moscow office and a member of the Corporate Department. He is also a member of the firm’s Dispute Resolution, ...
Read Full Biography
- Sberbank in its successful challenge to the jurisdiction of the English High Court to hear a $300 million conspiracy claim brought by a subsidiary of Russian bank VTB.
- A major Russian bank in multiple proceedings across a number of jurisdictions, including England, arising out of the financial collapse of a major international oil refinery.
- Two Cypriot companies in Russian courts in a $10 billion dispute over major stake of shares in a Russian public company.
- A Cypriot investment holding in its defence in Russian courts against claims on invalidation of two share purchase agreements and 100% ownership of shares in a Russian company.
- A Russian investment holding and its related co-defendants against USD 15 billion court claims related to ownership of shares in two blue chip Russian joint stock companies.
- A Russian investment holding and its related co-defendants against USD 4 billion court claims related to ownership of shares in a Russian joint stock company.
- A Russian holding company in connection with its pre-trial dispute against the largest steel producer related to purchase of a private coal company in Russia.
- A Russian private bank in its dispute against a Russian businessman related to claim on debt recovery under the loan agreement and potential enforcement against the assets in France and Monaco.
- A Russian airline in its defence against a claim of an international airport related to the longtime stay of the aircraft at the airport as a result of an accident.
- A major American aircraft lease company in its multiple pre-trial disputes against Russian lessees on the termination of the lease agreements and repossession of the aircraft.
- A large investment company as co-defendant in Russian commercial court against claims brought by the Russian Ministry of Finance on recovery of losses related to financing of the import of agricultural products within the framework of state procurement.
- Tatneft in complex civil fraud proceedings in the English Commercial Court.
- NLMK in its successful defence in the English High Court against an application to enforce a Russian arbitral award that had been set aside by the Russian courts.
- A large Russian investment company in its defence of an LCIA arbitration claim brought by a Russian individual, relating to a corporate dispute with respect to a manufacturing group.
- Nordwind Airlines in its operating leases for seven new Embraer E190 aircraft from Nordic Aviation Capital, one Airbus A321-200 and one Boeing 777-300ER aircraft from Aircastle and a long-term lease of three new Boeing 737-800 aircraft from CDB Aviation Lease Finance DAC.
- Aeroflot in its $817 million purchase of six new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
- Aeroflot in the operating leasing of six A321 aircraft from Chinese lessor ICBC Leasing.
- A Russian company in the purchase of a business jet.
- A European consumer electronics retailer in its claim in Russian state commercial court against ZAO Centurion Alliance on the state registration of the Long Term Lease Agreement for Shop Centre EuroPark in Moscow.
- Costa Construction, a major Turkish construction company, in a number of Russian construction projects (including pre-litigation advice on a land-marking Moscow residential property).
- Cessna Finance Corporation in the financing of three Cessna Caravan aircraft for a Russian regional airline with the aircraft agreed to be registered in the Russian registry.
- Aeroflot – Russian Airlines in its $8 billion acquisition of 22 A350XWB aircraft from Airbus.
- A large Russian car dealership and its beneficiary in the dispute against a Russian businessman related to debt recovery.
- A large European media company in its claim in Russian state commercial court against the largest Russian TV channel on copyright infringement related to the highly rated TV show original format.
- A German IT company with pre-trial settling of the dispute against a large Finnish milk producer related to the termination the agreement on development and licensing of software for logistic storage facility in Moscow region.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2012, Law Degree