Edwin Schallert is a retired partner and currently of counsel to the firm. He was a member of Debevoise’s Litigation Department and former Co-Chair ...
Read Full Biography
- Allergan in defeating nationwide class certification of a putative class of third-party payors alleging violations of federal RICO statutes through fraudulent promotion of antidepressants.
- Prudential Financial in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- Prudential Retirement in a successful trial in the S.D.N.Y. of claims brought under ERISA on behalf of 200 retirement plans against State Street, resulting in $77 million in damages.
- Large life insurance companies in state regulatory inquiries concerning abandoned property and claims handling, as well as in related qui tam lawsuits and a policyholder class action.
- Learning Annex in obtaining a $23 million judgment after a jury trial of quasi-contract claims in the Southern District of New York.
- Manulife Financial in the dismissal of all claims against the company and two of its officers in a securities class action alleging misstatements of the company's financial condition.
- The former President of North America sales for Lucent in litigation with the Company and the SEC.
- Harvard Law School, 1981, J.D.
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 1981, M.P.P.
- Stanford University, 1974, A.B.